XPEnology Community

Tutorial: Install/Migrate to DSM 7.x with TinyCore RedPill (TCRP) Loader

flyride

Hello all, I am looking to install xpenology on a proxmox VM, ryzen 5 4650g, 32gb ram, HBA card, 4x18tb hdd, 2x nvme for cache, 2x ssd for VMs/other. 

Which model do I choose as there are new ones available that are not in the DSM 7.X tutorial info. 423+, 923+, 1621+, 1821+ 1823xs+ 3622xs+ etc?

What are the differences between these models in xpenology because in the bootloader you can unlock nvme caching, extra bays etc 

• 1 month later...

Hi all.  I'm exploring Xpenology and loving the reviews.  But each time I try to build, I get this same error.  I'm trying to build DVA1622 on a i5 EliteDesk.  

Can somebody help me out?

TIA

Aescleal

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh build geminilake-7.2.1-69057-4 auto
Error : Platform not found :
rploader.sh

Version : 0.10.0.0

5 hours ago, Aescleal said:

Hi all.  I'm exploring Xpenology and loving the reviews.  But each time I try to build, I get this same error.  I'm trying to build DVA1622 on a i5 EliteDesk.  

Can somebody help me out?

TIA

Aescleal

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh build geminilake-7.2.1-69057-4 auto
rploader.sh

That's because you are using the old command. The new command would be: ./rploader.sh build dva1622-7.2.1-69057-4 auto. It is mentioned on page 4 of this thread.

But there are easier ways to build such as ARPL and Peter Suh's MShell which is based on TRCP:

6 hours ago, rojoone2 said:

That's because you are using the old command. The new command would be: ./rploader.sh build dva1622-7.2.1-69057-4 auto. It is mentioned on page 4 of this thread.

But there are easier ways to build such as ARPL and Peter Suh's MShell which is based on TRCP:

Hi rojoone2.  Thanks for the fast heads up.  I started over using that build example, and I still get the same problem.  I just don't see what I'm doing wrong.

So, I'll check out M-Shell and see if that will have a better result.  If you think of anything else let me know!  Thanks again!

tc@box:~$ tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh build dva1622-7.2.1-69057-4 auto
bspatch does not exist, bringing over from repo
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 10232  100 10232    0     0  66441      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 66441
rploader.sh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usage: ./rploader.sh <action> <platform version> <static or compile module> [extension manager arguments]

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 8:35 PM, crazyazz said:

I setup my NAS and lost the USB boot device, to I have to do the complete process again?

If you did not make a backup, then yes. You could also try Peter Suh's M-Shell which is based on TCRP, but with a build process like ARPL.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I did follow the tutorial and used both RedPill & ARL options.

I tried multiple times installing  DS918+/DS920+/DS3622xs+ and everytime installig DSM via IP::5000/web_index.html succeded.

However. after rebooting - I could not boot the machine.

Are there any additional steps I need to do or is there a way to check/correct the DSM bootloader from disk?

Regards