XPEnology Community

AoE - ATA over Ethernet

Aigor

Hi mate,

Unfortunately for me, i never heard of AoE before (offcourse, except the well known acronym for Age of Empires) so i read the wikipedia page of it. Sounds nice and interesting, at least for SoHos.

For the moment, there is no native AoE implementation and support in Synology's DSM and offcourse neither in Xpenology, which is a clone of the original one. AoE seems nice but like all technologies, it takes time until they get addopted, if they get enough attention anyhow. As i see it, I think I don't need it :wink:

Anyhow, the Synology OS (DSM) is actually Linux and i ask you, as i do also with all the other enthusiasts on this forum, is to test as it's easy but don't forget to share your results, no matter if there are positive or not.

Here's a link in the official Synology forum where somebody is trying to get the same answer as you. Just don't look at the post date ss you might be dissapointed :smile:

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=32357

Hi Schnapps, :grin: i also knows Age Of Empire, now i have a little time to do some research howto implement Ata Over Ethernet on xpenology, but, i'm more System manage then programmer, so i dont have all the skills to buold for example, a synology packgaes, but, i can try, if scratc up my mind, i come back ti fix camion :wink:

have a good night!

First trick, need kernel modules for AoE if someone could compile one, i'm available to do some test, i'v already read howto but i dont like edit hexfiles, and, i dont have IDA.

after, we can schedule some test

Hi folks, fist step done, successfuly compiled modules that load with no warning and error, but, i would like to know howto compile user-space components for administer aoe target. someone could help me?

Many thanks