XPEnology Community

DSM in place of ADM.

vlotho

Hi,

I currently have an Asustor ADM nas and I wanted to know if it was possible to install DSM in place of ADM because I have had a lot of overheating problems for many months and despite my ticket open with them and the many updates nothing helps.

So find out if it's possible and if so the method to install it.

Good I followed this tutorial: https://blog.luclu7.fr/xpenology/ then, already after the 10 min countdown, at the end of the installation, the asustor does not restart, suddenly I l 've done this in manual, but even after restarting when I go to http://find.synology.com/ it does not find the diskstation on the network while I have well check the pid, vid sn and mac address.

the cpu is from braswell generation ...

the specifications of my nas:

https://www.asustor.com/product/spec?p_id=45

For the generation of the sn, I had taken, as indicated in the tutorial, DS3617xs.

test with DS916+ in progress ...

with the ds916 + version, the nas restarts correctly automatically but the countdown of the 10 min is not finished.
when testing with synology assistant, this one still does not detect it on the network, but I am not sure that it is at the same version as the version of dsm installed.
I don't know if it matters.

still no, no nas detection on the network.
no ping to the nas.

Edited by vlotho

Because that tutorial is not from this forum I can't vouch for its validity. I suspect though that it was based and inspired on the one I made.

Try with the tutorial I made (see my signature). Also I would recommend you use loader 1.03b (3615xs) if you want to go to DSM 6.2. If not then use 1.02b (3615). You wont be able to go beyond DSM 6.1.7 with that loader

Also the specs of that machine are not very detailed and there is no mention about what NIC is used. You might want to check what NIC it is because that might be the issue. Beyond DSM 6.2 the range of possible NICs that can be use is considerably reduced. Intel is preferred.

Well done ! so there you are awesome !! however, I searched. you should rename yourself to "google". :D

now, we know why this is *******. :)
I think I would look for my next nas on this site.

anyway, my next nas will surely be a "syno".

Edited by vlotho

in any case I tried several times, and my station is not detected. do you have a lead/track?  (sorry for my english)

I really did the right thing in the iso file:
the vid, the pid, the sn generated via the little tool and my mac address.

Edited by vlotho

on the other hand, in the page that you showed me, it indicates that there are 2 extra.lzma and extre2.lzma files, except that in the first zip file, for 3615, there is only the extra .lzma and and in the second zip file, which is normally for 3617, the file is no longer available for download.
I continue reading.

so, I tried putting the extra.lzma file, found in the first link, as well as the zimage and rd.gz files of the DSM_DS918+_24922.pat file, but my station is still not detected.
Knowing that I already have a version 6.1.7 installed, I don't know if I have to put the 6.2.2 kernels anyway.

Edited by vlotho

You cannot mix drivers models and versions.

You say you tried installing DSM 6.1.7 but what model did you install? DS918, 3615, 3617? It's all very confusing as you have mentioned several models since your OP.

If I was you I would start from scratch. Delete all loader and customs extras.lzma your have downloaded so far and download again.

Use loader v1.03b (DSM 6.2) model 3615xs. If that doesn't work as is then try adding the custom extra.lzma for DS3615 v0.5_test from IG-88 (model 3615xs).

If the above doesn't work then:

Use loader 1.02b (DSM 6.1.7) model 3615xs. If that doesn't work as is then try adding the custom extra.lzma for DS3615 v4.9_test from IG-88 (model 3615xs)

Please read both threads carefully.

Also please note that forum rules do not allow opening duplicate threads. I see you asked the same question in the French section of the forum. I will let it be this time because there has been many answers already.

No, I installed the 3615, I'm just mentioning the message from IG-88.
and I know very well what I did, no worries. :)
Ah, the extra.lzma, I add it directly in 1.02b, right? and with that I could try an update in 6.2?
As for double posts, it is not exactly the same people who created these topics and therefore, if more people are able to help me, it will only be more productive.
I also posted a message in the IG-88 thread.

that is problematic ?

15 minutes ago, vlotho said:

Ah, the extra.lzma, I add it directly in 1.02b, right?

Yes you add the custom extra.lzma to the loader. You need to replace the one that is already inside the loader.

and with that I could try an update in 6.2?

No. Loaders  (including custom extra.lzma) are usually bound to a certain version (or set of versions) of DSM. With loader v1.02b you will not be able to update to DSM 6.2 as that loader is limited up to DSM 6.1.7. You will need loader v1.03b and the corresponding custom extra.lzma to go above DSM 6.1.7.

As for double posts, it is not exactly the same people who created these topics

Both topics, this one and the one in the French section were created by you.

if more people are able to help me, it will only be more productive.

There is no need to create two topics for that. As stated by the rules. I quote:

7. Do not double or multi-post the same thing across several forums/topics. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain.

Your issue does not deserve more attention than the one from 100s of people asking for support. You just need to be patient and help will eventually come to you.

I also posted a message in the IG-88 thread.

that is problematic ?

Should be fine as you are asking something specific about IG-88's compiled modules.

• Like 1

A working DSM perhaps??

As @flyride kindly searched for you, AS3104T uses a Broadcom 57781 NIC. That NIC is handled by the module (driver) 'tg3'. That driver is contained already within the loader as default. However custom extra.lzma (compiled by other members) integrate newer modules (drivers). Obviously I do not warranty it will work but I think it's worth trying out.

I didn't understand that. I thought no versions of DSM were functioning for you.

If you need to go beyond DSM 6.1.7 then you need loader 1.03b in order to install DSM 6.2. As I said earlier:

54 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

Use loader v1.03b (DSM 6.2) model 3615xs. If that doesn't work as is then try adding the custom extra.lzma for DS3615 v0.5_test from IG-88 (model 3615xs).

Have you tried that?

Well, I did a little cleaning in my files and resumed the procedure with the loader 1.03b.
I took the infos from 1.02b (vid, pid, sn and mac) to put them in 1.03b on the first partition, and on the second, I put the modified extra.lzma file and the zimage files and rd.gz from the version 6.2 pat file for the 3615, and it still doesn't work. :)