XPEnology Community

HELP:Synobios Changes from 4.1 to 4.2

jbesclapez

Hi there,

I am following the wiki http://xpenology.com/wiki/en/building_xpenology to install DSM 4.2 on my ASUS A8N

The kernel compiled OK but now i am having issues with the synobios!

In fact the synobios in the wiki (for 4.1) is different than the synobios in 4.2

Here is the synobios from 4.2 DS3612xs 3211 (see attachement below)

The wiki says to change line 000023E6 that says :

.text:00000000000023E6 75 C4 jnz short loc_23AC

however, in the new synobios the line is not stating that. (look below)

9209704_bigthumb.png

The only line that looks the same is the line 2826

Look at the print screen below :

9209703_bigthumb.png

In a nutshell I now need some help on this synobios as the wiki is not up to date and I dont want to create a mess!!! :-|

Thanks for yor help... My goal is to create a ++ version for the latest 4.2.

Please take a bit of your time to help if you know....

synobios.zip

Hi jbe, i dont have a solution for your question, but i have one question for you.

As i can see you have skills in programming, if you look in gpl source from synology in 2.6.32/drivers you can see synobios source, maybe it's possibile to hack source file to avoid model checking and compile "vanilla" kernel modules without this part.

Hi jbe, i dont have a solution for your question, but i have one question for you.

As i can see you have skills in programming, if you look in gpl source from synology in 2.6.32/drivers you can see synobios source, maybe it's possibile to hack source file to avoid model checking and compile "vanilla" kernel modules without this part.

Thanks for your answer... unfortunately i am not a programmer... that is why i followed the wiki. I already spent hours on this and i would like to finish, that would be great for the community here!

I will have a look at what you mention. I forgot about it :???: