XPEnology Community

XPNology woes

nick w

Hi

Today my N54L arrived along with 2 x 4tb drives

Out came the 250gb and in went the 2 x 4tb drives. I downloadedXPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2). Downloaded and installed the disk image tool and wrote the image to USB. Off I went and powered the micro server on and it picked up the image file and looked like it was booting. Very linuxy with rolls of text scrolling. Then it just stops. Text still on the screen. When I press anything it prompts for a diskstation login and password.

Boot takes about 1 min.. I have tried googling and guessing the password but no luck

What an I doing wrong?

Thanks

N

Nick,

If you read and search first, you would know how many times this has been answered over and over again. Real Synology don't even have monitor and keyboard. Installation is done through another computer by using Synology Assistant. It is clearly explained in the how-to.

Nick,

If you read and search first, you would know how many times this has been answered over and over again. Real Synology don't even have monitor and keyboard. Installation is done through another computer by using Synology Assistant. It is clearly explained in the how-to.

Real bad school boy error there...

Sorry

Thanks for the reply though!