XPEnology Community

How made a new install whitout lost data ?

Akhlan

Hi,

Previoously, I used XPE 4.2 and now, I have update my system with 4.3 without problem...

But I would like a real new install of XPE WHITOUT LOST MY DATA (movies, pics, appz,...)

When 4.2 is arrived, It's the first time I use DSM and I have make some errors, I would like restart all my configuration :wink:

How made ?

Rgds

Akhlan

Hi,

Previoously, I used XPE 4.2 and now, I have update my system with 4.3 without problem...

But I would like a real new install of XPE WHITOUT LOST MY DATA (movies, pics, appz,...)

When 4.2 is arrived, It's the first time I use DSM and I have make some errors, I would like restart all my configuration :wink:

How made ?

Rgds

Akhlan

If you upgrade to 4.3 using the way described (booting 4.3 USB in 4.2 install, then installing it regularly), then you should have a clean slate, with all your data being safe and sound. Your apps, etc., will be gone, but you can back them up prior to update.

Otherwise you can try modifying the synoinfo file, and make an "upgrade" to the same version, wiping everything. Also there's the "Restore defaults" option, that *should* keep your data safe.

Tks fonix :wink:

If you upgrade to 4.3 using the way described (booting 4.3 USB in 4.2 install, then installing it regularly), then you should have a clean slate, with all your data being safe and sound. Your apps, etc., will be gone, but you can back them up prior to update.

No... Some files don't changed... I've retrieved my "old configuration" like that :sad: Not much but enough to conclude that my system was not "clean"...

Otherwise you can try modifying the synoinfo file, and make an "upgrade" to the same version, wiping everything.

I don't know this... Have you more information ?

Also there's the "Restore defaults" option, that *should* keep your data safe.

Yes, I have seen but I'm afraid ^^ :grin: