XPEnology Community

Synology Application Service fails

Posted (edited)

I'm on DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1, and out of the blue Synology Application Service broke after a reboot. A bunch of apps are dependent on this service, even the system logs are not showing anymore which may indicate some type of database corruption, but I haven't found anything useful to resolve this issue. The applications is unable to be repaired, so I went with the nuclear option of deleting it manually since one of the few suggestions was to do just that and then reinstall from the Package Center, but... let's just say that that didn't work out. Repair failed, install also fails, even grabbing the spk from Synology doesn't help because apparently the version is a mismatch. I don't know what to do at this point. A few cases even faced the same issue after a DSM reinstall. The only mention of a fix was by someone which was helped by Synology support to fix something with PostgreSQL.

image.thumb.png.94a2864cbe5ea7250a6be6fbef5bdc76.png

Any ideas?

Edited by ner0

Reinstalled DSM, but the problem persists.

At this point I think I just have to backup everything and format everything, but it's pretty frustrating to have to move terabytes of data because of this *******.