XPEnology Community

Running Llama-GPT (and maybe generative image AI) - which Synology model to pick?

Fox Mulder

Hi!

I've been going for the latest (DS923+) model and changed the configuration to allow for 5 drives as in my build. However, this new model does not support the onboard graphics chip in my build (based on 8700K CPU, possibly to be upgraded to 9900T CPU in the future).

Which would be a better choice? DS920+ or DVA1622? Does anyone know if they will allow intel 630 GPU support for Llama-GPT or image AI docker builds?

Thanks!

Edited by Fox Mulder
add tags

9 часов назад, Fox Mulder сказал:

Hi!

I've been going for the latest (DS923+) model and changed the configuration to allow for 5 drives as in my build. However, this new model does not support the onboard graphics chip in my build (based on 8700K CPU, possibly to be upgraded to 9900T CPU in the future).

Which would be a better choice? DS920+ or DVA1622? Does anyone know if they will allow intel 630 GPU support for Llama-GPT or image AI docker builds?

Thanks!

change DS923+ (AMD platform) --> DS920+

DVA1622 - not for iGPU

To use the iGPU in the i9-9900T, you will need the i915 patch (for example, it is available as an addon in the Arc loader)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2024 at 7:39 PM, dj_nsk said:

change DS923+ (AMD platform) --> DS920+

DVA1622 - not for iGPU

To use the iGPU in the i9-9900T, you will need the i915 patch (for example, it is available as an addon in the Arc loader)

Thanks. I will do that, once I get the new hard drives to maximize my NAS capacity. Currently I am with TT loader (previously ARPL) which works great, although doesn't update easily. I am also interested to know if there is any easy to implement patch for Fan control? as all the guides I've seen requires some serious Linux knowledge, and mostly are also too dated.

2 часа назад, Fox Mulder сказал:

Thanks. I will do that, once I get the new hard drives to maximize my NAS capacity. Currently I am with TT loader (previously ARPL) which works great, although doesn't update easily. I am also interested to know if there is any easy to implement patch for Fan control? as all the guides I've seen requires some serious Linux knowledge, and mostly are also too dated.

No, I have not seen a patch for fan control. 

Your motherboard BIOS does not allow you to adjust the fan speed control depending on the temperature?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dj_nsk said:

No, I have not seen a patch for fan control. 

Your motherboard BIOS does not allow you to adjust the fan speed control depending on the temperature?

The bios does allow, but I need the OS to be able to recognize and control as well. In Bios I can only set once, and then when I boot into my NAS I cannot change anything there (I can pick a different option, but it makes no actual difference). This is due to a missing module in the linux OS underlying Xpenology/Synology - as it was designed for specific hardware.

There are solutions, but they require deeper knowledge in Linux in order to implement a patch. (sensors detect and so on)

Edited by Fox Mulder