XPEnology Community

DS412+ "dead": likely mods that can recover it?

jhuylebroeck

A few days ago my DS412+ didn't respond anymore. The unit's leds didn't change and upon rebooting, the orange leds were just stuck and even after waiting for 60+ minutes it didn't work. I tried with and without my disk array inserted (4x 6TB WD Red in SHR)

So I stumbled upon 

and

So I unscrewed everything, checked the battery and sure enough it had almost no voltage left. So I swapped that one out.

Now I want to back-up the USB-DOM, but since I have none of the adapters/software/... I want to check: what do I need to acquire and does anybody have any idea where to source it from (Preferably in Belgium of the EU)?

I have included some photographs of the USB-DOM, removed from the motherboard.

Also, the person on Reddit did a peculiar thing with a 100 Ohm transistor soldered to some pins, is it potentially relevant in any way shape or form or does it only pertain to the later models equipped with the C2000 Intel Atom CPU?

IMG_20231120_111945.thumb.jpg.6a3643374333e224f1524199cf6dd433.jpg IMG_20231120_111959.thumb.jpg.20fef91eb4abcb9fb4a311ccf9941f69.jpg

Thanks in advance for your insights. I'm aware that these kind of questions might not be the primary purpose of this (part of the) forums, but since you are discussing similar changes and hardware modifications, I wanted to reach out in any case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...