XPEnology Community

Unable to locate with find.synology.com - works once and than not again

I built a Synology Server with  Esxi using https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill

It works fine.  After the initial install I could use find.synology.com and it found the server with no issue. Following this, it can no longer locate the server.  I know the local lan IP address of the server and it works just fine.  I just don't understand why find.synology.com no longer works?  The correct lan ip address does show up in my router's dhcp server.  The server shows up without issue using the Synology Assistant but not with find.synology.com.   I don't think this is related to my router as I have an actual hardware Synology on the same LAN and it shows up fine with find.synology.com.

Any ideas or help.  Thanks!

Edited by RobertM
mis spell

2 часа назад, RobertM сказал:

I built a Synology Server with Esxi using https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill

It works fine. After the initial install I could use find.synology.com and it found the server with no issue. Following this, it can no longer locate the server. I know the local lan IP address of the server and it works just fine. I just don't understand why find.synology.com no longer works? The correct lan ip address does show up in my router's dhcp server. The server shows up without issue using the Synology Assistant but not with find.synology.com. I don't think this is related to my router as I have an actual hardware Synology on the same LAN and it shows up fine with find.synology.com.

Any ideas or help. Thanks!

it's not a problem, bu try to check:

Unable to locate Synology NAS via Web Assistant

Please try each of the following methods before searching for your Synology NAS via Web Assistant again:

Make sure your Synology NAS and computer are properly connected to the Internet.1

Make sure your Synology NAS and computer are located on the same local area network and subnet.

Use a different browser (e.g., Chrome or Firefox).

If DSM is still accessible, go to DSM > Control Panel > Info Center > Device Analytics > Share Network Location and tick the Allow this DiskStation to be displayed in Web Assistant (find.synology.com) checkbox.

If you have changed your server name while setting up your Synology NAS, you may have trouble locating your Synology NAS. If DSM is still accessible, go to DSM > Control Panel > Network > General to change the Server Name to SynologyNAS and try again.

If the above methods do not work, try searching for your Synology NAS with Synology Assistant.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 5:44 AM, RobertM said:

I built a Synology Server with  Esxi using https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill

It works fine.  After the initial install I could use find.synology.com and it found the server with no issue. Following this, it can no longer locate the server.  I know the local lan IP address of the server and it works just fine.  I just don't understand why find.synology.com no longer works?  The correct lan ip address does show up in my router's dhcp server.  The server shows up without issue using the Synology Assistant but not with find.synology.com.   I don't think this is related to my router as I have an actual hardware Synology on the same LAN and it shows up fine with find.synology.com.

Any ideas or help.  Thanks!

Hi Robert,

Have you found a solution? I have the similar issue.

• 3 months later...