XPEnology Community

Mysterious Storage Space Missing: Storage Analyzer shows only 3GB files but Storage Manager shows 189GB??!!

upsangel

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me solve a baffling issue I've been facing ever since I installed DSM 7.2 on Proxmox VE (PVE). My setup includes a single 256GB SSD, which I've configured as a SATA disk passthrough.

Mysterious Storage Space Missing

Here's the mystery: according to the Storage Analyzer, there are merely 3GB of files on the volume. On the flip side, the Storage Manager keeps alerting me that I'm running low on disk space and shows that a whopping 189.2GB has been used. It's like I'm living in two parallel storage universes and I have no idea where all the 'extra' space disappeared to.

Attempts to Solve the Problem

I've double-checked that the discard setting is enabled. Even went to the extent of erasing the entire disk to start afresh, but to my dismay, the storage space just keeps disappearing, bit by bit, like sand slipping through my fingers.

Applications Running

Just to give you a bit more context, here's a list of applications I have running on this setup:

Surveillance: I have set it up such that the recordings are saved to a remote mount network drive, so it shouldn't be affecting my local storage. 

Photo and Hyperbackup: I've just recently installed these but haven't been using them intensively, just dabbling around for now.

I'm scratching my head here. If anyone has experienced something similar or could shed some light on this perplexing situation, it would mean the world to me. Thank you in advance for any insights or advice you might be able to provide.

Looking forward to resolving this!

2023-10-15_213746.jpg

2023-10-15_213855.jpg