XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

25 минут назад, asdbya сказал:

yes, exactly ...  btw: "face recognition" function needs (i)GPU as well, right?

You have 2 options:

Option1: DVA1622 - many cpus with  supported igpus from Intel for dva1622 are mentioned in this topic, some old work and some dont, so I suggest for that to buy MiniPC or SoC Mini-ITX motherboard with gemini lake cpu and Intel uhd 600-605 igpu (Celeron J4105 or J4125 for max perfomance since its quad core, also some Celeron N series but they are rare). If you want to buy minipc or build it, then its about 150-250usd. There are many older and newer cpus that work, many were tested by members of this forum and to find which ones will work besides geminilake you have to do a little research.

Option2: DVA3221 - you can try to put it on your current Xeon through esxi, most likely it will work same as dva1622, but if you have pci-e slot on your motherboard, you can buy some small form factor Nvidia GTX 1650 gddr5 gpu (and gddr 5 memory is very important since GTX1650 has 2 revisions gddr 5 and gddr6 memory, gddr6 was released after drivers currently installed in Dva3221 so this gpu with that memory is not on the list and will not work) and passthrough it in esxi to vm. But before buying, make sure that your current setup will run dva3221 loader from redpill or other whatever you use. I tested in Vmware Workstation works good so esxi will have no problems + gpu passthrough, but my cpu was i7-8700k so I dont know how your Xeon will handle it.

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Thanks 1

10 минут назад, NooL сказал:

So virus, hacked or bad hardware? Thats a pretty broad catch-all :D

Can you elaborate on how a bad hdd/ssd would cause this? 

Probably very bad ) for example I had some old intel ssd, which was 120gb now its only shows 23gb in windows due to that fact I was not using it for a long time, since ssds and usb flash drives work differently from hdds, they require electricity to work properly, if you take them out from pc and put on a shelf in meanwhile they will loose capacity as well as data. HDSentinel shows its status as bad. As for hdds can be caused by bad sectors as well, the only problem linux such as esxi or proxmox not always can identify problems correctly and shows full capacity when its not. But I am glad you find it amusing, never had such a problems before?:)

Edited by dimakv2014

6 minutes ago, dimakv2014 said:

Probably very bad ) for example I had some old intel ssd, which was 120gb now its only shows 23gb in windows due to that fact I was not using it for a long time, HDSentinel shows its status as bad. As for hdds can be caused by bad sectors as well, the only problem linux such as esxi or proxmox not always can identify problems correctly and shows full capacity when its not. But I am glad you find it amusing, never had such a problems before?:)

The poster stated that the used space was growing, i fail to see how a bad ssd would cause that, if it was bad sectors the overall capacity would decrease, used space wouldnt increase. 

So I was just curious if I was missing something, you never know - live and learn you know :) 

But I do apologize If i came across as rude

Edited by NooL

24 минуты назад, NooL сказал:

The poster stated that the used space was growing, i fail to see how a bad ssd would cause that, if it was bad sectors the overall capacity would decrease, used space wouldnt increase. 

So I was just curious if I was missing something, you never know - live and learn you know :) 

What about percetage of capacity? For example: If your 1tb ssd lost capacity over a time but hypervisor shows as it works normal, do you think it will load up faster or slower? Will it show more percetage of stored files or less? If you look at GB instead of percetage, while  growing from nothing its a different story, but this guy clearly said at first that he had nothing installed on dsm, which was not true since he had SS on it, and clearly he is not telling or forgot to tell more info, because like the other person posted with the same problem he had 32gb hdd in vm which is one problem and 3 cams which other problem. But if it was really from nothing like some kind of anomaly it could be virus or hardware. Moreover some people tend to buy cheap ssds from noname brands from aliexpress, did you ever buy USB Flash Drive from Aliexpress for example 128gb which turned out to be 2gb in real capacity? As for Worms it increases space from nothing as for ramsomeware it clearly can give access to do whatever hacker wants even upload files)

P.S. Its ok I dont take it personally, I do understand that people can have different experience and some info can be funny because they may never experienced some problems thanks to miracle I guess ))) but my point is considering given info it was just assumption what could be one way or another, people may do installs many times (as he said he reinstalled dsm) he may forgot that he had something in SS before and didnt delete some mp4 files or cams were there or recordings weren't deleted during migration. Plus if someone looked at drive capacity % instead of GB for example considering drive lost its capacity by big amount it would look like its growing at first. Thats why its important to check all these things and give more info as possible in order to get better answers and faster solution.

Edited by dimakv2014

1 час назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

will run dva3221 loader from redpill

what is the right command for building dva3221 there (in case of it supports it in general)? (I dont see there dva3221 available platform)

"./rploader.sh build dvaxxxx"?

Edited by asdbya

35 минут назад, asdbya сказал:

what is the right command for building dva3221 there (in case of it supports it in general)? (I dont see there dva3221 available platform)

"./rploader.sh build dvaxxxx"?

Assuming you do it in vm and using tinycore-repill.v0.8.0.0.vmdk as well as e1000e virtual network adapter:

Commands are:

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA3221

./rploader.sh (to check names of all available builds)

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.1.0-42661

exitcheck.sh poweroff

Change .vmx file from e1000 to e1000e in hypervisor.

Run vm

Edited by dimakv2014

16 hours ago, scfrancis said:

I did not solve my problem, by removing the SurveillanceStation package, I no longer have the problem, but I need this package. I find myself stuck!

and

@asdbya From my understanding you both running it Virtualized and with no passthrough. ( AI does not work) 

Can it be that SS can not find a IGPU do to AI tasks and fills up the disk space with error logs. I think this issue was reported on  DVA3221 thread, when loader was running without GPU or with not compatible GPU it would fill log up with error every second or so. 

• Like 1

10 часов назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

./rploader.sh build denverton-7.1.0-42661

thx - that's the main point -> in order to get DVA3221 working I need to build it under denverton-7.1.0-42661

there is even denverton-7.1.1-42951 (I am using dev.package)

P.S. I got it worked at VM (where I actually see in the settigns: "there is no GPU" :). As for "Change .vmx file from e1000 to e1000e in hypervisor." -> I don't have any e1000 files. Working without this change. 

Edited by asdbya

44 минуты назад, asdbya сказал:

thx - that's the main point -> in order to get DVA3221 working I need to build it under denverton-7.1.0-42661

there is even denverton-7.1.1-42951 (I am using dev.package)

P.S. I got it worked at VM (where I actually see in the settigns: "there is no GPU" :). As for "Change .vmx file from e1000 to e1000e in hypervisor." -> I don't have any e1000 files. Working without this change. 

Glad you made it 🙂 now you need gtx 1650 (gddr5), passthrough it and you ll have dva functions 

• Thanks 1

Le 17/08/2022 à 21:51, scfrancis a dit :

Hello everyone, I have a big problem.
I just reinstalled DSM, in version 7.1, under Proxmox.
Everything works perfectly, for a short day, nothing is installed, so it is, for the moment, completely blank.
Except that a few gigs used, I'm almost 70 gigs without adding anything, and it continues to grow.
Would you have an idea of the problem?

Le 18/08/2022 à 21:39, scfrancis a dit :

I did not solve my problem, by removing the SurveillanceStation package, I no longer have the problem, but I need this package. I find myself stuck!

Hi,

I had the same pb, i find that there was 4MB BrowserMetrics-*.pma files generated every 10 or 15s in this folder:

/volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/

image.png.d50bf576e04f7f8ae0b42fc582f7a045.png

Like me you're in a virtualized environnement with no GPU pass-thru so this is maybe why it is happening.. I don't know.

The solution is to STOP LOCAL DISPLAY service in Surveillance Station's application center.

image.png.4090cd8215e67ffb0669b43664a99e8e.png

If you want to get free space back, login your DSM via SSH as admin account and:

sudo rm /volume1/\@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/*.pma

Edited by Oxize
fixed display
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

yes if you stop process "Local Display" *.pma file not ganarate.

7 часов назад, Oxize сказал:

If you want to get free space back, login your DSM via SSH as admin account and:

sudo rm /volume1/\@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/*.pma

you loss folder "/BrowserMetrics/"

sudo rm /volume1/\@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/BrowserMetrics/*.pma

• Like 3

11 час назад, Oxize сказал:

Hi,

I had the same pb, i find that there was 4MB BrowserMetrics-*.pma files generated every 10 or 15s in this folder:

/volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/

image.png.d50bf576e04f7f8ae0b42fc582f7a045.png

Like me you're in a virtualized environnement with no GPU pass-thru so this is maybe why it is happening.. I don't know.

The solution is to STOP LOCAL DISPLAY service in Surveillance Station's application center.

image.png.4090cd8215e67ffb0669b43664a99e8e.png

Just checked. The same ... a lot of *.pma at /BrowserMetrics on DVA1622 but no such a service with DVA3221 :)

Edited by asdbya

12 часа назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

Glad you made it 🙂 now you need gtx 1650 (gddr5), passthrough it and you ll have dva functions

just checked it - GPU needs 300Watts power supply installed on PC\Server.  :(  I have some Supermicro Compact Mini-Tower with 350Watts power supply. Looks that it should work -> the point is temperature :))) I already have extra installed several Fans for CPU colling ;)))))  but any way - it makes no sense to build new PC for it :)

1 час назад, asdbya сказал:

ups...it's a pity .... GPU needs 2 "slots' (looks so) and my case has only one "slot" for PCI devices.

The only point is to find a way how to have it external and have it connected with my server :)

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

Inno3D GeForce GTX 1650 Single Slot, or if synology will update gpu drivers you can use quadro Turing or Ampere, or if we will find a way to change/update drivers.

Inno3D-GeForce-GTX-1650-Single-Slot-1.jpg.webp

Edited by dimakv2014

8 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

Inno3D GeForce GTX 1650 Single Slot or something similar, or if synology will update gpu drivers you can use quadro Turing or Ampere, or if we will find a way to change drivers.

Inno3D-GeForce-GTX-1650-Single-Slot-1.jpg.webp

btw...I was thinking about eGPU cases (where I will have a chance to install required GPU) like razer core x ...

16 минут назад, asdbya сказал:

btw...I was thinking about eGPU cases (where I will have a chance to install required GPU) like razer core x ...

This will work too, but requires one more PSU, riser will be much cheaper than Razer egpu :) here is my universal small factor testing setup which works both for dva1622 and dva3221, vm or baremetal:

IMG_20220821_005318.jpg

IMG_20220821_005107.jpg

IMG_20220821_005047.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014

8 минут назад, asdbya сказал:

what's the riser do you use? 

"Testing setup" -> COOOL!

No risers, just bought right case from begining Mini ITX, but in your case it will sound like vandalism, but you could try cut it a little, so double slot gpu would fit, just needs little hole for coolers from the side panel, otherwise gpu may overheat. Or just replace a case ) my case is silverstone sg13 in case your motherboard is Mini ITX, but its a big one, but its cheap. There are many cases that will do the job. For MicroATX a lot more choices.

Edited by dimakv2014

18 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

Or just replace a case )

:) my Supermicro Compact Mini-Tower has 4 "normal" HDD inside, replaced heatsink (big side) + extra FANs for CPU (before and after heatsink), + extra small FAN for SSD :) and finally extra FAN for HDD ... in additional all these FANs for case by default -> just can't image what's the "heat" will be there is I extra put GPU :) - in case of I will manage somehow to find a space and cut GPU a little in order to fit it there :))) 

4 минуты назад, asdbya сказал:

:) my Supermicro Compact Mini-Tower has 4 "normal" HDD inside, replaced heatsink (big side) + extra FANs for CPU (before and after heatsink), + extra small FAN for SSD :) and finally extra FAN for HDD ... in additional all these FANs for case by default -> just can't image what's the "heat" will be there is I extra put GPU :) - in case of I will manage somehow to find a space and cut GPU a little in order to fit it there :))) 

Xeons are power hungry cpus, but angle grinder will do the job ))) 

20 минут назад, dimakv2014 сказал:

Xeons are power hungry cpus, but angle grinder will do the job ))) 

drilling a little bit - a good idea, I think :)))

btw... so do I see it correctly that my "onboard Graphics unit"(ASPEED chipset for graphics) won't work because it isn't compatible with Synology?

Edited by asdbya

33 минуты назад, asdbya сказал:

drilling a little bit - a good idea, I think :)))

And I dont think it will be more heat if you put gpu in it, gpu has its own cooling from side, it shouldn't spread heat on other components and most likely you will not notice a difference in temps, my gpu in that tiny case feels more cooler than was in full tower case with no side holes. Cpu with out gpu had max temps of 61c (57c on average), and its passive cooling, no cpu cooler installed, just 40mm tall heatsink. And with adding gpu its still on same temps. And its 8 cams working with one 4mp and about 10 dva tasks.

IMG_20220821_014749.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014