XPEnology Community

Need help with the simple stuff again-Been a while and Crashed with ARPL-i8N DVA3221

Captainfingerbang

It's been a while and just this past week I decided to update one of my Xpen servers DVA3221, to the i8n version of arpl. As you can see from the images it didnt go very smoothly. On a positive note I was on 7.1 and now actully somehow on the latest 7.2.

I'm just having a hard time building the loader USB with new hardware i keep installing.

My chrome browser is not translating I8n's chinese speaking guide on github, it doesn't even give me the option to translate!

So first and foremost I could really use a good English guide for arpl I8n unless there's a better loader now.

My other issue is that I'm still not able to use external USB storage, it is still internal. So the fix for this would be great.

my b360 board has Realtek 8118, is this a problem? Can i make use of the 10g x540 t2 i just installed as well? If so,how to setup?

I'm pretty certain I need to create a new serial or Mac for this per the errors you can see. I need to get back into the loader and tweak some things but not sure which?

Could one of you fine gentleman lend me a hand?

Make sure to check my attachments! 

ps. my other machine is my baby, and too afraid to update past 7.1 but its 918+ Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4 X99 w/28 or more logical cores, probably only using 4/8 cores. is there something i can do now to use more cores? 

20230831_142838.jpg

IMG_20230901_002835.png

Edited by Captainfingerbang

• Captainfingerbang changed the title to Need help with the simple stuff again-Been a while and Crashed with ARPL-i8N DVA3221

Guys it took me almost 24 total hours but I figured out most of this stuff and have everything up and running.

Seriously my only problem left now is that on my DVA 3221 the licenses for surveillance station disappeared to having zero none. I tweaked and changed the serial number a couple of times to the suggested 13 character one that starts with 2260 I believe but that did not work. The other trick I found was this SSH command to reset the cameras that supposedly worked but I got an error when I ran it in putty as sudo.

sudo sqlite3 /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/system.db "ALTER TABLE camera ADD COLUMN dual_rec_audio_disabled boolean DEFAULT '0';"

If anybody has any suggestions on what sort of serial number trick would work to get my cameras back that would be phenomenal thank you!

Edited by Captainfingerbang