XPEnology Community

No Drives detected after Hardware Upgrade

Timon-H

I now got an update: 

I got a 4xpcie to 8x Sata adaptercard (this one: https://amzn.eu/d/5hvRrxQ ) wich uses the ASM1166 and JMB575 Chipset. 

I disabled the onboard sata controller and connected all Sata SSDs to the new card. 

However. No Sata drives are getting detected, not even from the bootloader. So my guess is that i need some kind of driver?

anyone a idea how to get drivers into the bootloader?

wait what how?

I could connect my drives to another PC wich has windows installed. Could i backup my data there?

I also thinking about trying another mainboard to get some portmapping going or something....

I remember when i installed my system the first time i got the same "no drives found" error. Back then i just switched to ARPL and that did it i think, cant remember that well...

13 hours ago, Timon-H said:

Ok tryed a Ubuntu live installation. It cant see the drives in the foldermenu but it can see the drives as a location for the linux installation (i quit the installation, just wanted to see if the drives are visable there).

try using ubuntu 14.04, and I could mount the volume1 partition in my live ubuntu server.

mountBTRFS.png

Big Update: 

I tried again with the i3 and the oldest bios and the ARC loader with the DS3622XS+ loader. And it worked! Booted right up! 

Then I tried 2 newer bios versions. Both bios versions got me back to the "no drives found" error. There is something changed with the newer bios releases I guess... 

Soooo I will just sell the i7 13700k and get the i7 12700k that should work fine with the old bios. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Timon-H said:

Big Update: 

I tried again with the i3 and the oldest bios and the ARC loader with the DS3622XS+ loader. And it worked! Booted right up! 

Then I tried 2 newer bios versions. Both bios versions got me back to the "no drives found" error. There is something changed with the newer bios releases I guess... 

Soooo I will just sell the i7 13700k and get the i7 12700k that should work fine with the old bios. 

Glad to hear that!

• Like 1