XPEnology Community

Hi. My hardware is NUC7PJYH2 ( specs https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/126137/intel-nuc-kit-nuc7pjyh/specifications.html )

I have created the boot image in the usb drive, but when I start the nuc the boot only shows:

Loading linux

Loading initramfs

Booting Tinycore for lader creation

That's as far as it goes. My device has a J5005.

I tried different loader versions in github, all of them being 0.9.x.x

I don't know if a 0.8.x.x would work. The only ones I can find in github are 0.9.x.x

On another device with an 7th gen i5 I can continue and successfully test-installed dsm 7. The loader continues to boot, but on the j5005 I can''t, it gets stuck on those 3 lines I mentioned before.

I have used several versions of TCRP with no success, both legacy and uefi.

Any ideas on how to continue or why it gets stuck on those 3 lines?

Thank you.

Edited by Stargate

3 часа назад, Stargate сказал:

Hi. My hardware is NUC7PJYH2 ( specs https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/126137/intel-nuc-kit-nuc7pjyh/specifications.html )

I have created the boot image in the usb drive, but when I start the nuc the boot only shows:

Loading linux

Loading initramfs

Booting Tinycore for lader creation

That's as far as it goes. My device has a J5005.

I tried different loader versions in github, all of them being 0.9.x.x

I don't know if a 0.8.x.x would work. The only ones I can find in github are 0.9.x.x

On another device with an 7th gen i5 I can continue and successfully test-installed dsm 7. The loader continues to boot, but on the j5005 I can''t, it gets stuck on those 3 lines I mentioned before.

I have used several versions of TCRP with no success, both legacy and uefi.

Any ideas on how to continue or why it gets stuck on those 3 lines?

Thank you.

Try Arc bootloader

28 minutes ago, dj_nsk said:

Try Arc bootloader

I have no idea about how to proceed, unless you mean ARPL. It's new to me. I thinknit's in beta phase. I succeeded with tcrp in another pc, but I'm having no luck on my j5005 nuc.

Edited by Stargate

9 часов назад, Stargate сказал:

I have no idea about how to proceed, unless you mean ARPL. It's new to me. I thinknit's in beta phase. I succeeded with tcrp in another pc, but I'm having no luck on my j5005 nuc.

See link to the Arc bootloader in my signature below.

Installation is extremely simple: download the image, write it to a USB stick, run it, select the model and version, answer all other questions ok. After rebooting, find using Synology Assistant and complete the installation of the DSM with downloading from the Internet.

10 hours ago, dj_nsk said:

See link to the Arc bootloader in my signature below.

Installation is extremely simple: download the image, write it to a USB stick, run it, select the model and version, answer all other questions ok. After rebooting, find using Synology Assistant and complete the installation of the DSM with downloading from the Internet.

I can't see your signature neither in my phone nor my computer. Would you post the link to Arc so that I can give it a try.

Thanks.