XPEnology Community

How to upgrade from DSM 7.2-64561 to 7.2-64570?

MrEze

Question

I am a new user to this forum and to arpl and DSM. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a detailed guide on how to upgrade from DSM 7.2-64561 to 7.2-64570? I have been successfully running DSM 7.2-64561 for some time and am hoping to be able to upgrade my DSM without losing any of my data or having to copy it from a backup. Is there a way to upgrade the DSM so that I don't have to copy back all my data once the upgrade is completed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was wondering which is best to use: arpl-i18n 23.7.4 or Arc build 23.7.34?

Edited by MrEze
add

2 answers to this question

34 минуты назад, MrEze сказал:
I am a new user to this forum and to arpl and DSM. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a detailed guide on how to upgrade from DSM 7.2-64561 to 7.2-64570? I have been successfully running DSM 7.2-64561 for some time and am hoping to be able to upgrade my DSM without losing any of my data or having to copy it from a backup. Is there a way to upgrade the DSM so that I don't have to copy back all my data once the upgrade is completed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) download .paf  -  full file from https://www.synology.com/en-us/support/download (select your model)

2) in web-interface: Control panel\ Update... manually, select downloaded file

3) enjoy

42 минуты назад, MrEze сказал:

Also, I was wondering which is best to use: arpl-i18n 23.7.4 or Arc build 23.7.34?

any of them (which is more convenient/ understandable for you) - both of them should automatically work out the installed DSM update (you may need additionally to click Update for the bootloader itself)