XPEnology Community

Locked out of my server : (

blue max

Question

I was sure I entered the right credentials, but obviously got it wrong five times and now my IP address has been blocked.

I haven't left any services open. I fully intend to try to upgrade from 6.x to 7.x, but will that reset the password? Or can I move the disks over to my backup server and will they be visible?

It's obviously very stressful, so please be kind! Any help hugely appreciated.

3 answers to this question

To answer my own question... It was actually very simple. It was just a matter of changing my ip address - eg 192.168.0.xx - I had assumed it was either all of the 0, or the wan ip address. but simply changing the xx to something else allowed me access again and I could go in and remove the block. Phew!

On 7/15/2023 at 6:43 PM, blue max said:

I was sure I entered the right credentials, but obviously got it wrong five times and now my IP address has been blocked.

I haven't left any services open. I fully intend to try to upgrade from 6.x to 7.x, but will that reset the password? Or can I move the disks over to my backup server and will they be visible?

It's obviously very stressful, so please be kind! Any help hugely appreciated.

You can try connect to it from different device (PC or Phone) which is on the same network and you will have 5 tries from that IP address)

But to prevent this in the future add to white list your ip and you will have unlimited tries, also you can install TeamViewer on your nas to have backdoor access in case something happens)

• Like 1