jpnn80

Can't expend RAID volume at more than 16TB on DSM 6.0

What kind of raid are you using, also if it is a Jbob or raid 0 you will have 0 tolerance if one drive goes down, me i use raid 5 or 6 but for that you need all the same drive size.

ok your drive check if there is no bad sector on it.

I'm using SHR RAID with 1 disk fault tolerance, and the drive I want to initialize is brand new then DSM shows its SMART status as normal, so its not a hardware problem.

How was this volume created? On an old Syno, not supporting bigger volumes (all 32-bit based models)?

Then you can not expand over 16TB.

Only way out is to create a new volume.

Indeed you were right as the volume was created on a DS213air before I moved it to a HP Proliant N54L, without knowing that DS213air specs limits the volume size to 16TB, and DSM isn't able to go beyond after a NAS migration.

Now my big problem is that deleting the volume also forces me to delete the packages, and from what I could find on internet, there is no way to make a backup of them with my custom settings, or the playlist database of Audio Station...

Indeed you were right as the volume was created on a DS213air before I moved it to a HP Proliant N54L, without knowing that DS213air specs limits the volume size to 16TB, and DSM isn't able to go beyond after a NAS migration.

Now my big problem is that deleting the volume also forces me to delete the packages, and from what I could find on internet, there is no way to make a backup of them with my custom settings, or the playlist database of Audio Station...

Can you move the packages to a different volume?