XPEnology Community

BareMetal DellR510 | PERC H700 | ARPL v1.0-beta11a...trying to learn and solve reboot issue after DSM install

CCitarella

Hi All:

I've been playing with trying to get a BareMetal install with ARPL v1.0-beta11a to work on a DellR510 12 drive system. 

The box has a PERC H700 which I believe is an LSI RAID card, but I have the disks all set as individual virtual drives (I did this previously on the older Synoboot 6.2 version of loaders without a problem and DSM saw each drive individually). 

The loader configures fine (tried various builds) and boots and will install DSM but the system will not reboot itself on its own (I have to hard power cycle it) after the DSM install. 

Also once it does come back up (boots successfully) and shows an IP on the console but the device is not found in Syno Assistant. 

I did add an additional NIC so I have both a broadcom and an Intel NIC in the system besides whatever is onboard on the Dell box, but I think the problem has something to do with it not cleaning up and rebooting on its own after the DSM install as a result of the hard power cycle. 

I don't have any data on the drives and I'm just trying to get it come up after the installation so starting from scratch is not a problem.  

I've looked at possible missing add-ons and searched here for any potential things to try with config edits, etc. but I'm pretty new at this so I was curious if anyone in the community could offer suggestions to put me on the right path of what I should be looking for to solve this (point me in a direction??!?). 

This same hardware WAS working on the 6.2 older version from years ago, but I haven't kept up with the latest and decided to give ARPL a shot. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Edited by CCitarella

• CCitarella changed the title to BareMetal DellR510 | PERC H700 | ARPL v1.0-beta11a...trying to learn and solve reboot issue after DSM install