XPEnology Community

Resetting 7.1 DSM network settings.

I recently purchased a managed switch that supports Link Aggregation (LAG) and thought I would try it out on my HP Gen8. I configured 2 switch ports connected to the HP Gen 8 as LAG and also setup DSM to bind the 2 x 1GB ethernet ports together. The Gen 8 rebooted and since then am unable to get back in. My remote console is working fine using ILO4 and can see the normal TCRP menu. I am hoping I can mount the DSM drives TCRP and manually reconfigure the DSM network settings.

It's clearly a common problem, I believe Synology provide a reset switch just for resetting the network.

Any help appreciated.

Configuratation details are in the footer.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up downloading DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3 Pat file and using Synology Assistant to do a fresh install. It did not take long to get my VM home assistant back or Plex server and I didn't lose any files. It did report RAID scrubbing was required which was completed.

Regarding TCRP. If it's possible? It would be good to have a TCRP menu item that lets you reset the network parameters like the reset button does on Synology devices. It's obviously a common problem.

Many thanks for you replies.

Old Config

HW: Stock bare metal HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8; Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1265L V2 @ 2.50GHz/16GB RAM/150W PSU/4x1TB + 1x60GB SSD; ROM J06 04/04/2019; iLO4 2.81 Jul 27 2022; Internal SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB USB 3.0

LOADER: arpl-0.5-alpha1; DSM: CPU Intel Xeon D-1531; 7.1.0-42661 Update 4

New Config

HW: Stock bare metal HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8; Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1265L V2 @ 2.50GHz/16GB RAM/150W PSU/4x1TB + 1x60GB SSD; ROM J06 04/04/2019; iLO4 2.81 Jul 27 2022; Internal SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB USB 3.0

LOADER: arpl-0.5-alpha1; DSM: CPU Intel Xeon D-1531; DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3

Edited by Madasafish

@Orphée

On 1/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, Orphée said:

I don't have a definitive solution, but you may want to try to access DSM with Serial port config access :

When I first read this, I thought it was going to be a USB UART serial console setup so did not bother reading your attachment – my apologies. Having been network locked out again from DSM which was due to a manually pre-configured DSM crontab setting that shuts down the DSM at night and restarts in the morning. I took a look at your (translated) attached document and have to say it’s excellent. It opened up a world of HP ILO4 virtual serial console capabilities that I was totally unaware of.  So thank-you.

It did not fix my current problem which was finally resolved by deleting the LAG ports on my managed switch (TP-Link TL-SG1024DE) that are connected to the HP Gen8 (DSM) bonded ethernet. I believe the issue is caused by forcing the HP Gen8 (DSM) to use Synology mac addresses. It confuses the managed switch ports that are using LAG.

Once again, thank-you.

• Like 1