XPEnology Community

Connection failed. Please check your internet connection

Madasafish

Yesterday, I upgraded my Proliant Gen 8 Microserver to DSM 7.10 using TRCP. Today, I noticed when looking at the DSM/Control Panel/Update and Restore screen. I can't connect to Synology. It keeps complaining with the heading in this post in red.

I have been through the network connections and they are correct. If I ssh to the DSM 7.10 box, I can ping www.synology.com and do a nslookup to www.synology.com.

The firewall is disabled on the DSM box and on the main router.

A quick check on the internet finds many users having the same problem expecially a few years ago. The reports coming back are to do with ntp, dhcp and network settings. I have been through those settings changed them and tested again. No Joy.

All the Synology services are operational.

https://www.synology.com/en-global/support/synology_service

There must be other users on here who have seen this bizzare behaviour. I would welcome a solution to this problem.

Thanks for replying,

That image you posted is exacly the issue I am seeing. Reading the link you sent me raises further questions that I hope you will not mind answering.

1. My understanding now is TCRP has purposely broken that update link. Yes/No

2. Does this broken link continue all the way up to the current upto date version 7.1.1-42962 (with Update 1)?

3. I get the impression after reading that link you posted, is DSM cannot be updated using the normal manual update routine. You have to use ./rploader.sh postupdate  procedure. Please confirm

Many thanks,

1 minute ago, Madasafish said:

1. My understanding now is TCRP has purposely broken that update link. Yes/No

Yes. More so it was TTG who incorporated that.

2 minutes ago, Madasafish said:

. Does this broken link continue all the way up to the current upto date version 7.1.1-42962 (with Update 1)?

I am not sure. I haven't updated to 7.1.1

2 minutes ago, Madasafish said:

3. I get the impression after reading that link you posted, is DSM cannot be updated using the normal manual update routine. You have to use ./rploader.sh postupdate  procedure. Please confirm

You can still update manually through the GUI. ./rploader.sh postupdate is needed not matter what unless you are using TRCP withfriend.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 16.06.41.jpg

• Thanks 1