XPEnology Community

PeteaSpace Crashed, no shared folders visible

matthewharmon102

Question

I'll try to keep this short!

We had a street-wide power failure yesterday. The power went off, came back on for around a minute, then went off again.

This caused some kind of issue with my Xpenology system. At first I suspected the redpill USB wasn't working, as I had issues booting up into Xpenology. I was able to get the USB re-configured, and Xpenology recovered but now I have another issue.

My volume reported a degraded status and wanted to perform data scrubbing, which i did and now it is reporting as normal. However, i had historically been using PetaSPace, and this reports as crashed. None of my shared folders are visible.

I have tried various methods of repairing the drives, unmounting, and remounting, but nothing seems to work. Searching online only brings up articles from Synology, which don't offer much help.

I even thought I might try and remove the volume from PetaSpace, but the option is greyed out.

Is there a way i can either get PetaSpace to work again so my shared volumes are visable, or somehow bypass it altogether and view the shared folders (or at least the data within them)?

I have around 27tb of data, with a total volume size of around 40tb. running redpil 0.8 with DSM 7.1

1 answer to this question