XPEnology Community

Update to Synology DSM 6.2 on WD-Mycloud Ex2 Ultra

Hi friends, I have a Nas WD-Mycloud Ex2 Ultra and have installed the Synology DSM 6.0.2 8451. Now I need to update it at minimum 6.2 version (or also most updated) for install Synology drive server. It’s possible to do this? Is there any particular procedure to be done? I tried to download some versions from the Synology website (for example 6.2.2 or 6.2.3) but it gives me compatibility error ... I don't know which model to use as a reference (DS216J? DS218J? DS220J?)

Thanks to all.

9 minutes ago, QASDRET said:

Hi friends, I have a Nas WD-Mycloud Ex2 Ultra and have installed the Synology DSM 6.0.2 8451. Now I need to update it at minimum 6.2 version (or also most updated) for install Synology drive server. It’s possible to do this? Is there any particular procedure to be done? I tried to download some versions from the Synology website (for example 6.2.2 or 6.2.3) but it gives me compatibility error ... I don't know which model to use as a reference (DS216J? DS218J? DS220J?)

Thanks to all.

Which model did you use to build the loader? Did you download the full .pat file or just the update package.... the update is much smaller..

20 minutes ago, rojoone2 said:

Which model did you use to build the loader? Did you download the full .pat file or just the update package.... the update is much smaller..

Hi, thanks for your answer....i have follow this video for install SYNOLOGY 6.0 

Now i download one of this file for example https://archive.synology.com/download/Os/DSM/6.2.4-25556, if i upload manually in the Nas one of this firmware i have error compatibility. Am I doing something wrong?

4 minutes ago, rojoone2 said:

You should read this first:

DSM 6.2.4-25556 is NOT a version you want to update to. It has failed for everyone that uses Xpenology.

9 minutes ago, rojoone2 said:

You should read this first:

DSM 6.2.4-25556 is NOT a version you want to update to. It has failed for everyone that uses Xpenology.

There are a series of updates but I don't know where to download them from and above all which version I have to consider for my Nas ...

2 minutes ago, rojoone2 said:

Do you see that all the updates have failed? Everyone has stayed away from all the 6.2.4-25556 u1/2/3/4 and 5. Why do you want to risk breaking your build?

Do you know which model  you are using? Open control panel, then info center. Screenshot that page.

Yes i understand what do you say but the 6.2.4-25556 was only an example...so basically what am I supposed to do? Ultimately are you telling me to stick to version 6.0.2? Attach my screenshot model.

MODEL.bmp

15 minutes ago, rojoone2 said:

Unfortunately the process you have used is NOT what is used here. I cant say for sure if you are "stuck" at the version you are on now.

You should contact the developer to see if there is a way to update to a newer version.

Ok...thanks for all.