XPEnology Community

Multiple DISK 1 external HDs

vrm42

Hi!

I set up ESXi 6 on an HP Microserver Gen8, installed Xpenology latest version, configured Raw Device Mapping for 2 Seagate Archive HDs (contain NTFS) that worked fine in a bare metal J1900 config as e-sata drives. Now both drives appear as DISK 1 and only one of them works, the one got attached first via RDM.

When I configure them as internal drives, I got Disk 3 and Disk 4 which seems fine.

Controller is configured as SATA AHCI mode, synoinfo.conf internalportcfg=4, esataportcfg=ffa. Tried older Xpenos, no luck.

Any idea?

Cheers, vrm

Are you setting up the seagate drives as e-sata on the gen8? I've not used that kit but maybe there is a difference in the esata controller that only passed through 1 drive if you are using a port multiplier type adapter?

in the synoinfo look at the usb setting in there in case there is an overlap with the esata and internal hex configuration.

No port multiplier at all. Seagate disks are in the internal bays, ESXi on flash drive and a small datastore for VMs is configured on a microSD card.

I tried all variations in RBSU: legacy sata, ahci sata, raid (single raid 0 disks). Tried HP version of ESXi 6u1 and original version.

Tried different disks from different vendors. I left default USBportcfg intact, no overlap.

I ended up using 4 xpenos for 4 disks :wink: still looking for a solution, though.