Sign in to follow this  
npc

[solved] Can XPEnology run on QNAP Virtualization Station?

I try to setup XPEnology (use XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.3.iso) on QNAP Virtualization Station (TS-453 Pro), but it's fail...

Is it possible run XPEnology on QNAP Virtualization Station ?

Did you have any success? I have TS-453 and did not able to install it yet (kernel panic trying to boot).

I am curious as well as I just switched out my old qnap/xpenology box for a TS-453 running qnap. I have a friend who I support on Synology , so would be handy to have a small XPEnolgy VM running as needed to keep him supported.

Unfortunately I had no success to run XPEnology on QNAP VM. :cry:

I'm trying to get it running directly at TS-453 Pro hardware. Good news - it boots and seems works fine, bad news - FAN and LCD is absolutely under control.

To control LCD it needs lcd_tool and lcdmond (as daemon) but lcdmond (ported from QNAP) does not works as daemon and lcd_tools sends its commands to LCD without success.

I have ported all necessary libraries but something is wrong anyway. I have no idea what to do next - maybe someone has any information about that?

Speaking about FAN speed control, TS-453 has no BIOS options to control the speed of fan and fan is noisy and it running at ~1850 rmp all the time (instead of 950-1080 rpm).

TS-453 has no old-good pic_raw control anymore and I did not find any useful information. Hope someone will help. Thank you.

Do you have a place to dump your VM so I can try on my TS-451? I was never able to make it work.

I have no VM dump. I was unable to get XPEnology worked at QNAP VM but it works installed directly as main OS. But without FAN/LCD control...

Hi,

I dit it today on TS 453 Pro. Ito works well. If anybody needs help just ask.

Sign in to follow this