plomez

Stability issues after upgrading to DSM 6.2.1

Recommended Posts

Hello!

I want to comment a problem that I am having in case someone has experienced something similar and can guide me on the steps to follow.

 

Yesterday I updated my NAS from 6.1.x to 6.2.1-23824 Update 1 with loader 1.04b and DS918+.

Apparently everything went well but after logging in I am having strange problems: the control panel loads very slowly (sometimes it does not finish loading); when I access to the the network tab it keeps thinking for a long time and finally I lose the connection with the NAS and I have to restart it manually; the synology application service does not start; etc.

 

imagen.thumb.png.108ad147951360acc88de0035da2f028.png

 

I have already verified that there is no IP conflict. Also, with the previous version everything was working very smoothly.

 

imagen.thumb.png.621d61a665141f121079f8d073a9ee14.png

 

I have been looking for information through the forum and I have seen that some network problems have been reported with this version of DSM. My motherboard is a Gigabyte B150N Phoenix-WIFI (specs) with an Intel Core I5 6400 and 16 GB of RAM.

 

I have read many posts. but at the moment I do not know what to do to recover the stability of the system.

 

Can you give me some advice?
Many thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plomez said:

Hello!

I want to comment a problem that I am having in case someone has experienced something similar and can guide me on the steps to follow.

 

Yesterday I updated my NAS from 6.1.x to 6.2.1-23824 Update 1 with loader 1.04b and DS918+.

Apparently everything went well but after logging in I am having strange problems: the control panel loads very slowly (sometimes it does not finish loading); when I access to the the network tab it keeps thinking for a long time and finally I lose the connection with the NAS and I have to restart it manually; the synology application service does not start; etc.

 

imagen.thumb.png.108ad147951360acc88de0035da2f028.png

 

I have already verified that there is no IP conflict. Also, with the previous version everything was working very smoothly.

 

imagen.thumb.png.621d61a665141f121079f8d073a9ee14.png

 

I have been looking for information through the forum and I have seen that some network problems have been reported with this version of DSM. My motherboard is a Gigabyte B150N Phoenix-WIFI (specs) with an Intel Core I5 6400 and 16 GB of RAM.

 

I have read many posts. but at the moment I do not know what to do to recover the stability of the system.

 

Can you give me some advice?
Many thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Try this

Activate the SSH service in DSM (if not active)
Connect to your NAS with an SSH client (e.g. putty) (or from Win 10, open a cmd window, run : ssh admin@my.nas.ip (replace with the actual IP)
Enter your credentials (user: admin)
Change folder to root (cd /)
Delete the xpenoboot folder (sudo rm -r .xpenoboot)
If the SSH service keeps stopping, you have to be quick

You might have to reboot after this.

after your done reboot... also disconnect our monitor if possible...

 

Edited by painkiller895

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

Try this

Activate the SSH service in DSM (if not active)
Connect to your NAS with an SSH client (e.g. putty) (or from Win 10, open a cmd window, run : ssh admin@my.nas.ip (replace with the actual IP)
Enter your credentials (user: admin)
Change folder to root (cd /)
Delete the xpenoboot folder (sudo rm -r .xpenoboot)
If the SSH service keeps stopping, you have to be quick 

You might have to reboot after this.

after your done reboot... also disconnect our monitor if possible... 

 

All services are stopped (FTP, SMB, SSH, etc.) and although I try to activate them, the changes are not saved.
Do you know if it is possible to do what you say by connecting a keyboard and monitor to the NAS or that way is impossible?

 

It does not look good, right? 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Write down all your loader info, and try using the other 918+ loader to see if that helps.

Do you have a spare hard drive that you can do a fresh install to see if it works, if it does then you migrate your old drive to the new system.

remember to take out the active drive out.  Start fresh see if it works....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

Try this

Activate the SSH service in DSM (if not active)
Connect to your NAS with an SSH client (e.g. putty) (or from Win 10, open a cmd window, run : ssh admin@my.nas.ip (replace with the actual IP)
Enter your credentials (user: admin)
Change folder to root (cd /)
Delete the xpenoboot folder (sudo rm -r .xpenoboot)
If the SSH service keeps stopping, you have to be quick

You might have to reboot after this.

after your done reboot... also disconnect our monitor if possible...

 

 

@painkiller895 I love youuu!!! 🤣

After restarting the NAS I was able to access it by SSH and I have deleted the folder that you have indicated following the instructions, as shown in the image:

imagen.png.619e7345b86d35783b53b16b6dc0c838.png

 

Then I restarted from the web interface and when it has booted I have returned to log in, and the result has been simply fantastic. The system works normally and the services were apparently all initiated.

Can you tell me why deleting that folder has solved the problem? What did it contain?

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, plomez said:

 

@painkiller895 I love youuu!!! 🤣

After restarting the NAS I was able to access it by SSH and I have deleted the folder that you have indicated following the instructions, as shown in the image:

imagen.png.619e7345b86d35783b53b16b6dc0c838.png

 

Then I restarted from the web interface and when it has booted I have returned to log in, and the result has been simply fantastic. The system works normally and the services were apparently all initiated.

Can you tell me why deleting that folder has solved the problem? What did it contain?

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

 

 

the old system files that were not needed with this version of loader...

Glad I could help, enjoy !

Edited by painkiller895
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now