XPEnology Community

Internal drives showing external usb drives

waspsoton

i lost all my data so rebuilt the loader i used before. now some of my drives are that connected via the lsi hba card are showing as external drives. any ideas how i can make that appear as internal drives so i can add them to my pool. The loader is aprl

• 1 month later...

I ran into the exact problem when upgrading from DSM 7.1.x to 7.2.y.  I only found 1 thing talking about it.  (See Link)

https://hedichaibi.com/fix-xpenology-problems-viewing-internal-hard-drives-as-esata-hard-drives/

My /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf had a problem with the esataportcfg setting.

Original:

esataportcfg="0xff000"

internalportcfg="0x3fff"

usbportcfg="0x8700"

Changed to:

esataportcfg="0x00"

internalportcfg="0xffff"

usbportcfg="0x00"

I think I had to make the changes in both conf files.  The USB one maybe a problem later but that should be easier to fix now that I know the problem.  Note:  These can be 32 bit values (32 drives... or maybe even 64-bit and 64 drives... but definitely at least 32) so up to: "0xffffffff" 

I'm really glad I got this figured out.  I hope this helps people. 

PREngineer on this link had some other interesting changes for configuring the drives.  These would make my drive ordering look better.  (But my system is working so maybe I won't mess with this.)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/52094-how-to-config-sataportmap-sata_remap-and-diskidxmap/