XPEnology Community

Drives recognized under proxmox and old HBA in DSM, new HBA not all drives in DSM

Breb

Question

Hey there, 

it might be a silly question with a simple answer but it was years ago I lastly dealt with My 6.2 Xpenology. So any help is highly appreciated!

Due to a new NAS Case (Jonsbo N2) I changed my HBA 4xSata (all 4 SATA ports recognized in DSM) to a HBA 6xSata (not all SATA ports recognized in DSM).
Because of the connector orientation and additional ports, I had to change the HBA. I also upgraded to DSM 7.1.1 but already tried 6.2 and multiple different versions and reinstalls with no difference.

Current Board: J5040-ITX
Old HBA: Syba SI-PEX40064 4 Port SATA III

New HBA: IOCREST PCIe gen3 x1 zu 6 Ports 6G SATA III

Im running Xpenology in Proxmox and can verify that before the PCI passthrough, all attached drives are recognized under Proxmox even with the new HBA.
PCI passthrough is properly configured and was/is still working with the old HBA.

3x WDC_WD30EFxxxx 
Screenshot2023-08-22210512.thumb.png.364666ad0db5bc231db0da1d648609dd.png

In DSM only one disk is recognized.
Screenshot2023-08-22213830.thumb.png.db02931d629fe3bcacbd77f26173bb21.png
I read, that SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap is a thing, but can't really understand how that could be something in my particular problem.

Any Luck with getting the new SATA HBA with 6 properly working ports in DSM configured?
Or do I need just to get another one instead, or stick to the old one? But then I would've just had 2 ports due to the new case.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Breb

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet