XPEnology Community

another hardware survey

Clemens65

Hey guys, tried to reach my german companions here, especially 88, but they seem to be stuck in some real life issues. so let's give it a try here.  i'm not new to Xpenology , had a relaease running here last year before i bricked it on a short term update with NOT reading the forum. it sucked, but at the end i got it working again and sold the hardware short after, as i thought i will never find enough time to get into it again.

Well, times change and people's mindsets also....so here im back again and want to start another XPenology project on a (probably) higher ranged hardware. Here is what i'm thinking about. Please let me know, if it's cool, over the top or where i made a major mistake in putting hardware together. CPUs will either work on my opinion, but i want to have the chance to adress at least 8 SATA drives. 

When it's cheaper to go with a board with less than 8 SATA ports and put an HBA in, please let me know. 

Also if you consider any 8+ case cheaper, i'm happy to go with it, but i'd prefer 19" due to given rack at home.

here is my wishlist:

https://geizhals.de/wishlists/3236113 including 3 CPUs and ECC and non ECC RAM as well as 2 x 19" enclosures.

please let me know, if you would do something totally different, especially if you need to drop pricing

Harddrives will be 8x3TB or 8x4TB, depending on remaining budget. either way will do for my needs on Data in total, as it's more or less only business related (being mirrored on an 1812+) and everything private just goes into a JBOD.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by Clemens65