XPEnology Community

Failed "update" when trying to make a new TCRP loader with "friend"

asheenlevrai

Hi :)

I was running a bare metal Xpen rig that was using TCRP loader (no "friend") and running DSM7.1 42661 as a DS918+. I recently installed this rig and didn't have vital data on it.

I tried to remake the USB loader (the same way as the 1st time) but this time adding the "withfriend" parameter when building the loader from TCRP. The idea was to be able to perform DSM updates more easily in the future (although it is still not clear to me how I should perform these updates whether or not I'm using TCRP with or without "friend").

After rebooting, my DS918+ was detected as "not installed" and I proceeded to install the corresponding pat file (DSM_DS918+_42661.pat - 346MB).

However, after the 10 minutes countdown I get "something went wrong" and I can restart the process (which results in the same failure every time).

Is there any way I could "fix" this?

If not, how should I proceed to restart from scratch? Should I reformat all my drives and remake the USB loader  (with or without "withfriend" this time?) ?

Best,

-a-