XPEnology Community

DSM 7.1, /etc/synoinfo.conf & /etc.default/synoinfo.conf both unable to retain value change of maxdisks and internalportcfg on reboot

rayy

Question

Hi guys, sorry but couldn't get any search result to my issue here.

I'm on DSM 7.1 using TinyCore loader DS3622xs+.  The issue I'm facing is that I can only get 16 disks max.  After doing some research, I know that I must mod the two values maxdisks and internalportcfg at both the /etc and /etc.defaults.  However, after doing so, the values I modded will also revert back to original after a system reboot.  

So again, by default, the synoinfo.conf at both /etc and /etc.defaults contains:

internalportcfg = "1xffff"

maxdisks = "16"

I modified these value at both directories to:

internalportcfg = "1xffffff"

maxdisks = "32"

But as soon as I do a system restart, these two values will go back to default.

Some more background.  I'm using SSH, and have wrote the files using both vi and nano.  I have previously adjusted other values, which have remained as intended.  My drives are connected through a HBA card LSI-9220-8i.  Another weird thing, is that my set up will not allow me to use the sata drives on motherboard and drives on HBA at the same time.  When I try, my number of drives is reduced to a random 6 disks on the HBA card.  Not sure if that's related.  But right now, I just want to solve the issue of the values in synoinfo.conf not retained after system reset.  Thanks guys.

5 answers to this question

I'm on DSM 7.1 using TinyCore loader DS3622xs+.  The issue I'm facing is that I can only get 16 disks max.  After doing some research, I know that I must mod the two values maxdisks and internalportcfg at both the /etc and /etc.defaults.  However, after doing so, the values I modded will also revert back to original after a system reboot.  

So again, by default, the synoinfo.conf at both /etc and /etc.defaults contains:
maxdisks = "16"

maxdisks = "32"

Some more background.  I'm using SSH, and have wrote the files using both vi and nano.  I have previously adjusted other values, which have remained as intended.  My drives are connected through a HBA card LSI-9220-8i.  Another weird thing, is that my set up will not allow me to use the sata drives on motherboard and drives on HBA at the same time.  When I try, my number of drives is reduced to a random 6 disks on the HBA card.  Not sure if that's related.  But right now, I just want to solve the issue of the values in synoinfo.conf not retained after system reset.  Thanks guys.
@-iliya- is working on the same topic, I suggested removing any disk config entries in user_config.json, see thread

Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk

maxdisks = "16"

maxdisks = "32"

Also are the hex entries not '0x.....'

1 hour ago, sbv3000 said:

@-iliya- is working on the same topic, I suggested removing any disk config entries in user_config.json, see thread

Would you mind referring me to that post please.  Thanks so much.

2 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

Are you referring to the user_config.json on the loader?  If so, is it under the /lastsession folder?  Thanks.