XPEnology Community

Redpill DSM 7.1.0 42661 Failed to Install DSM

Hi all. Wondering if anyone can help.

HP N36L.

On upload of the .pat - i get to 56% and it spits "Failed to install DSM. Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted."

Any ideas on what to try?

original commands:

• "update", "fullupgrade", "serialgen DS3622xs+", "identifyusb", "satamap", "backup",
  • "build broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218",
  • "clean", "build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661",
  • "backup", "exitcheck.sh reboot"

On seeing the error message, i have tried:

• rebooted into TCRP,
  • "update", "fullupgrade", "identifyusb", "backup", "SUDO postupdate broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661", "exitcheck.sh reboot"

BTW: xpen is awesome. you guys are awesome. JUNs bootloader awesome. redpill awesome. Incredible work and much appreciated!!

PS: HP N36L BIOS 041: C1E Disabled, WOL Enabled

failed.PNG.48702c927fcbbe4a7b42b46798474ad1.PNG

Resolved
Returned right to the beginning. overwrote the USB with "tinycore-redpillv0.8.0.0.img"

Re ran Fireball's commands and all worked.

I think the issue was 1st boot the CMOS battery was dead. Replaced it. But BIOS clock was 2011. So first ./rploader.sh commands partially failed as system Date didn't match SSL date. At that point something got written that was off. I should have cleaned, reset the clock, had another go.

Redpill ... possibly put in a check that system date is >2022-01-01. If not abort.

THANKS ALL

Did i mention how much this is an incredible project and forum.
PS i have 3x Synology NAS (2413+, 1815+, 419). I use XPEN on a N36L as offsite backup device 1month backup then offsite again

image.png.506267a57e66a4b30ea061e3cbe371e2.png