XPEnology Community

QuickConnect and Update

elraffo

Hello everybody,

I'm totally new to this and wouldn't been for the excellent tutorials son this site, I wouldn't have managed to install DSM on my PC. Big thanks!!! :smile:

I have 2 questions:

How to access QuickConnect? I already have a real Discstation 415play and set up a user and a QuickConnectID for that station. Now I would like to have one for my PC-DSM. I get "unknown error".

How to update to the latest version? On your site it says that DSM 5.2-5592 should not update to this release with current boot image.

Best regards,

Raffe Bergwall

www.IMA.dj

Hello everybody,

I'm totally new to this and wouldn't been for the excellent tutorials son this site, I wouldn't have managed to install DSM on my PC. Big thanks!!! :smile:

I have 2 questions:

How to access QuickConnect? I already have a real Discstation 415play and set up a user and a QuickConnectID for that station. Now I would like to have one for my PC-DSM. I get "unknown error".

How to update to the latest version? On your site it says that DSM 5.2-5592 should not update to this release with current boot image.

Best regards,

Raffe Bergwall

http://www.IMA.dj

Please don't use QuickConnect with Xpenology. It only gives synology a reason not to opensource their software.

It is possible to use it, change the serial number and mac address.

DSM 5.2-5592 will not work with the latest xpenology, we have to wait for a new bootloader.