XPEnology Community

Differences between gnoboot and nanoboot

skyfoot

I like to know, what is different between gnoboot and nanoboot? Previusly i have expenology DSM 5.o beta, but now is stoped to work. Now I use nanoboot-5.0.3.2 DSM 5.0-4493 X64 update 4, but wireless hot spot did not work. I use gnoboot, wireless hot spot in this version works fine. Now I like to know, what is is different between gnoboot and nanoboot? Why gnoboot did not have version 4493? Did gnoboot stop to work on new releases? I think that gnoboot support much more drivers. Thank s for any information. Mihael from Slovenija

Nanoboot is a successor, based on gnoboot sources / scripts. It look like a stripped down or lightweight gnoboot version.

Both are modified Sunology kernel, fused with the ramdisk. On the ramdisk are drivers and scripts needed to boot the system.

Since gnoboot is MIA , his work is continued by sancome in nanoboot.

Both bootloaders are pretty closed source (except kernel patches that are insufficient to compile the loader by yourself), so that the modification of the *boot's low level is difficult.

Sancome at least not such greedy badass as gnoboot and gives to download nanoboot freely.

If you are interested, I'll upload the gnoboot and nanoboot hidden ramdisks.

Edited by Guest

Thank you for information. Seems, gnoboot has more drivers in modeles map. But i dont know, how to insert drivers from gnoboot to nanoboot and make boot image?

Why gnooboot do not have the last version of DSM (4494 update 4) ? I like to have the last vesrion of nanoboot and worked wirelless hot spot .

Thank s