New Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About xeroiv

  • Rank
  1. I ran some further testing with both ESXi and HyperV here are some results that I got. VMX3NET seems to provide higher speeds but still seems a bit erratic with an average upload of 90 MB/s and average download of 60 MB/s. When I used HyperV I got around 50 MB/s both for upload as well as download to the server.
  2. Thanks for the guide. I was using ESXi like the guide at first but then I ran into the same issue with the erratic transfer speeds. I finally got it up and running on Hyper-V but I noticed that I still have a single disk that doesnt belong when I look at my storage monitor. Any idea on steps I could take to hide it?
  3. I saw your post earlier and have been going through the trouble of trying to setup HyperV 2012 R2. Thusfar it has been full of headaches just to get the host up and running. I also have to figure out how to migrate the VMDK properly to VHD files as not to lose my raid.
  4. I have recently installed XPEnology on my ESXi machine and started using it for my local network storage. Upon switching from a Raid 5 configuration shared on the network by a windows 7 HTPC to this configuration I have noticed a significant drop in transfer speed. I am having trouble figuring out what could be the culprit. Here is my setup: -A Supermicro C2750 with 8 GB of EEC Kingston Ram running an ESXi Server off a USB 2.0 flash drive. -ESXi server has two VM's running (XPEnology and Windows 2K8). -I split the resources to each VM from the physical resources so that each runs 4GB