XPEnology Community

ESXi Updating from Gnoboot to Nanoboot - Guide!

fma965

UPDATING FROM GNOBOOT TO NANOBOOT - http://cyanlabs.co.uk/tutorials/synolog ... o-nanoboot

NO DATA WAS LOST DURING THE UPDATE, BUT BACKUP!

EDIT: yes it's a link to my site, it's easier to maintain, update and manage. Feel free to leave comments as a reply here or on my site, my site will prob be responded to quicker since i get almost instant notifications.

*waiting patiently for the HP Microserver guide* :wink:

EDIT: so what's the difference between the modified and unmodified PAT file?

EDIT2: when we moved from trantor -> gnoboot, we used "install" from syno assistant instead of the website. Does the website method retain user data?

*waiting patiently for the HP Microserver guide* :wink:

EDIT: so what's the difference between the modified and unmodified PAT file?

EDIT2: when we moved from trantor -> gnoboot, we used "install" from syno assistant instead of the website. Does the website method retain user data?

*waiting patiently for the HP Microserver guide* :wink: --- it's essentially the same just don't use the vmdk and instead write the img to usb with win32diskimager. :smile:

not sure on whats different but at a guess i would say it's patched to work with non synology hardware, but with later versions of nanoboot the patching is done on the fly and stock pat file is used... for neive people who think using official file is more secure... well it's not, the file can be modified at run time and a averge user wouldn't know, not saying it is done or that it's done with malicious intent just saying.

AFAIK they are the same, i don't get all the complaining about me using the install option before as it worked fine for me yet people carried on complaining.