XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] Random issue netw. accessibility, needto un/re-plug

flegarrec

Hello,

I have got a random issue with network accessibility on my config. Sometimes (let's say 1 out of 4), when the NAS is booting, there is no network connectivity (ping on NAS address is nok). But if i unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable, then it works fine. I am using fixed ip address. Of course, i do not want to have to that from time to time. And i precise that i shutdown the NAS by using the admin GUI menu (so, cleanly).

The NAS is directly connected to my internet provider box (100Mbps port). Also, i have 2 other windows systems directly connected on it, and there is no issue for them. So i think it does not come from the box.

Do you know where it does come from? Maybe use a script run at boot time to "emulate" the link down/link up to ensure that i do not need to unplug the ethernet cable?

My config:

- XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.2 build 3211++ (repack v1.2)

- MB Asus E35M1-M PRO (ethernet chipset: Realtek 8111E)

Thx in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I had problems with the 8111E in the past, on different Linux distros (had no XPE running on them, but was the same symptom). The cause is the varying time of this chipset's startup. Sometimes it pops up during early init (when the network interface is initialized too), sometimes only later (e.g. extra rc script runtime). Problem is that if the eth0 interface is not available during early init reset, it won't try again, you have to do it manually.