XPEnology Community

Harddisk sort

GroupPolicy

Question

12 answers to this question

seen before, does not mean trouble, its comforting to know why but without any information about your hardware its pointless to guess

(first things that come to mind are M.2 slots)

and if you are on it, lspci would be good to see all devices

Edited by IG-88

39 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

seen before, does not mean trouble, its comforting to know why but without any information about your hardware its pointless to guess

(first things that come to mind are M.2 slots)

and if you are on it, lspci would be good to see all devices

Hi,

there is no m2 SATA disk on the motherboard. I used DSM 5.2 on the same hardware before (DSM 3615 XS)  the hard disks looked sequential.3617 xs 6.1 did not appear sorted. I'm using Mini ITX mainboard (asus)

if you dont want to tell whats your hardware or helping in any way like listig your devices thats ok, but dont expect to much from people just trying to help

i'm no good in crystalball gazing so i'm out of this now, maybe some one else likes it your way

5 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

if you dont want to tell whats your hardware or helping in any way like listig your devices thats ok, but dont expect to much from people just trying to help

i'm no good in crystalball gazing so i'm out of this now, maybe some one else likes it your way

I'm sorry, ı think you misunderstand me. Because my english very bad :) I'm using standart desktop case. 

* Mainboard P8H61-M LX (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61I_LX_R20/)

* 4 + 4 = 8 gb ram

* İntel İ5 CPU

* 4 x 500 GB Segeate Harddisk

This mainboard has 4 SATA port (total) 

ekle.PNG

I posted a similar issue previously

I went through all the diagnostics and investigations suggested, disabling devices, investigating pci devices etc, but never found out what causes it. I came to the conclusion that between hardware enumeration and the syno operating system there is something which makes the system think there are two drive channels and it shows them accordingly. It only becomes an issue if you have more than 12 drives (so need to edit synoinfo.conf) otherwise for me its a cosmetic thing and I can live with it. Its similar to XPE/DSM showing drives numbered differently to the ports/channels on controllers, a quirk.

@grouppolicy - in your bios - disable parallel, firewire, usb3, audio etc see what happens, but I dont think it will make a change

39 minutes ago, sbv3000 said:

I posted a similar issue previously

I went through all the diagnostics and investigations suggested, disabling devices, investigating pci devices etc, but never found out what causes it. I came to the conclusion that between hardware enumeration and the syno operating system there is something which makes the system think there are two drive channels and it shows them accordingly. It only becomes an issue if you have more than 12 drives (so need to edit synoinfo.conf) otherwise for me its a cosmetic thing and I can live with it. Its similar to XPE/DSM showing drives numbered differently to the ports/channels on controllers, a quirk.

@grouppolicy - in your bios - disable parallel, firewire, usb3, audio etc see what happens, but I dont think it will make a change

Hi,

Yes same problem.  You do not have this problem with DSM 5.2 correct?  3615 xs 3617 xs Which one do you use?