XPEnology Community

Plex issue requires reboot

George

So at the moment I'm preparing to move off my NetGEAR ReadyNas RN102 onto a XPEnology build.

On my NetGEAR at the moment Plex is installed natively as a package.

Have been having problems with Plex and it has required me having to reboot the NAS.

So looking at the new build, on the one side I like the idea of installing plex in a Docker container, as I can then simply reboot the container, on the other side, why complicate things.

Experience/comment.

G

• Polanskiman changed the title to Plex issue requires reboot

On the Netgear My client devices use to loose connectivity, at times it required me to reboot plex app, at times it actually required me to reboot the NAS also.

I looking at both deployment methods at the moment, 90% of the usage of the NAS will be as a PMS, with additional file storage for photos, music software (Generic NAS duties).

Have other issues.... media not playing via Apple TV, but those are better left for the PLEX forum, although also sometimes solved by a reboot.

G

The issue Is I'm running Plex primarily, I'm migrating to XPEnology, and I'm trying to decide on how I'm going to deploy it (PMS on the XPEnology), and wanting to hear what peoples experience comment is,

to go Native or PMS inside a Docker container.

I"m not looking at fixing my current issue on the current NAS,

G

• 3 months later...