• 0
rsauw

Disk station not found

Question

My synology keeps on saying that there is no diskstation found. The NAS does give the interface it should give.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
21 minutes ago, rsauw said:

My synology keeps on saying that there is no diskstation found. The NAS does give the interface it should give.

Please provide information regarding hardware, loader & DSM version used as it is impossible to provide you with help otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
44 minutes ago, Dfds said:

Please provide information regarding hardware, loader & DSM version used as it is impossible to provide you with help otherwise.

HP proliant ML350 with 6.0.2 Jun's mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Some questions

What Gen version is the ML350?

Have you successfully installed DSM or is this a pre install issue?

If the server has an ILO can you access the console and look at the boot logs?

Have you tried 6.1 loader?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

Some questions

What Gen version is the ML350?

Have you successfully installed DSM or is this a pre install issue?

If the server has an ILO can you access the console and look at the boot logs?

Have you tried 6.1 loader?

 

Gen version: G5

Yes i have tryied 6.1 and it is the same and it is a pre install.

It has a ILO so how can i access those boot logs then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, rsauw said:

Gen version: G5

Yes i have tryied 6.1 and it is the same and it is a pre install.

It has a ILO so how can i access those boot logs then?

there is a nice guide here to access the serial port/ilo here

https://serverfault.com/questions/830748/how-to-enable-and-use-the-serial-terminal-of-a-hp-microserver-gen9

When you boot with the serial connection in view, you see the grub menu, then the boot sequence of drivers/modules and and any errors. 

Its possible that the broadcom NIC is not supported - have you tried replacing the default extra.lzma file with the enhanced extra.lzma file from @ig-88?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

hi,

 

using 6.1 and extra.lzma might work on the nic but if he tries to use a hp controller most likely it will not work as the hpsa.ko is not working for 6.1, so 6.0 might be a better solution, polanskiman had a extra.lzma for 6.0 (not sure if its still available), also there was quicknicks loader for 6.0 with a lot of drivers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I don't remember the hpsa.ko module being part of the extra ramdisk under 6.0.2. I have just checked and it is not there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

When i boot him up with the iLO in view i see no information about booting the NAS but i can see on the screen that it is working (intro, happy hacking early console in decompress_kernel ect) and i have not tried replacing the izma file, how can i access the that map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
37 minutes ago, rsauw said:

When i boot him up with the iLO in view i see no information about booting the NAS but i can see on the screen that it is working (intro, happy hacking early console in decompress_kernel ect) and i have not tried replacing the izma file, how can i access the that map?

You can download the enhanced extra.lzma file from the link in this thread

Follow the standard installation tutorial for how to edit the loader image to use this file

 

Once you can see the system on your lan you can see if the other hardware is compatible (Disk controller may not work as mentioned above).

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 08/02/2018 at 10:13 AM, sbv3000 said:

You can download the enhanced extra.lzma file from the link in this thread

Follow the standard installation tutorial for how to edit the loader image to use this file

 

Once you can see the system on your lan you can see if the other hardware is compatible (Disk controller may not work as mentioned above).

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for my late reation but i was on vacation. I don't realy understand what you mean with the standaard installation tutorial do you happen to have a link for it?

Edited by rsauw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

And in some installation videos i see poeple use the PID and VID number and change those but my usb stick doesn't show those but shows:

USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_&PROD_USB_DISK_2.0&REV_PMAP\07A81C02BB4A004A&0

Can that be a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

the install migrate tutorial is here

To check your vid/pid in Windows, open Computer Management and choose Device Manager. Expand the Universal Serial Bus tree and you should see USB Mass Storage Device. Open the device properties and choose the Details tab. From the Property drop down list, choose Device Instance Path, that should show the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 

4 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

the install migrate tutorial is here

To check your vid/pid in Windows, open Computer Management and choose Device Manager. Expand the Universal Serial Bus tree and you should see USB Mass Storage Device. Open the device properties and choose the Details tab. From the Property drop down list, choose Device Instance Path, that should show the information.

I found the VID and PIT in a diffrent way then you said because the the path that discribe here above because when i did that i got:

USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_&PROD_USB_DISK_2.0&REV_PMAP\07A81C02BB4A004A&0

So i downloaded a program that did the trick.

 

I follow the guide untill step 8 because he can't find the disk station. I tried the web interface and the downloadable program and both of them can't find it. I also tried connecting it directly to my computer and still it does not want to show it self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Try booting an Ubuntu Live CD and from the Terminal, run the lspci command. That will show you device IDs connected to the system and from that you can check your network adapter and disk controller.

Post your output so the forum can assist.

Also, just to check that you have two network leads connected to the server - one for the ILO and one for the main network connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 21/02/2018 at 11:01 AM, sbv3000 said:

Try booting an Ubuntu Live CD and from the Terminal, run the lspci command. That will show you device IDs connected to the system and from that you can check your network adapter and disk controller.

Post your output so the forum can assist.

Also, just to check that you have two network leads connected to the server - one for the ILO and one for the main network connection?

I hope this is what you mean and yes i have indeed now 2 network cables going from the server.

IMG_20180305_160928.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

network: Broadcom BCM5708

driver is in my extra.lzma for 6.1 and is proven to work

 

storage: HP SA E200i - thats not going to work with baremetal dsm 6.1, quicknicks old 2.2 loader for 6.0 (at least it concains the driver for it) or one of the old 5.2 should work

with that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, IG-88 said:

network: Broadcom BCM5708

driver is in my extra.lzma for 6.1 and is proven to work

 

storage: HP SA E200i - thats not going to work with baremetal dsm 6.1, quicknicks old 2.2 loader for 6.0 (at least it concains the driver for it) or one of the old 5.2 should work

with that

 

 

Please note that Quicknick's loader v2.2 is not available for download as it was retired by himself due to bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I got the 6.0.1 working on a diffrent machine but then i do the same on the server the synology assistant does sees him but can't open (connect) to him even though it said ready under status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

the old extra.lzma that i have (i guess its the one polanskiman had for downloading) does not contain hpsa.ko (so the e200 controller will not work) and also a problem, the driver in question is bnx2.ko but the (6.0) extra.lzma does not contain firmware for this driver, even with jun's 1.02b we had problems of missing bnx2 firmware that i corrected in my (6.1) extra.lzma

i guess your best choice (beside using dsm 5.2) might be using 1.02b with my extra.lzma and ignore the e200 controller and use a controller that does work with dsm 6.1 like the 8 port controller i mentioned here:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12158-dsm-only-sees-4-ports-with-marvell-88se9705/?do=findComment&comment=86148

(or maybe two cheap 4port syba marvell based controllers?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now