XPEnology Community

What is the most stable version? (6.1.X)

GroupPolicy

Question

6 answers to this question

Not sure what you mean, but the latest version of DSM that is released is supposed to be stable. I guess you are asking this because you updated to 6.1.5 and you are now unable to access your machine but to the majority of people who applied 6.1.5 it worked so you might want to reinstall DSM and see if that works.

5 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

Not sure what you mean, but the latest version of DSM that is released is supposed to be stable. I guess you are asking this because you updated to 6.1.5 and you are now unable to access your machine but to the majority of people who applied 6.1.5 it worked so you might want to reinstall DSM and see if that works.

I want to say, Which is the most stable and not most trouble DSM software? Does everything work properly? (For 6.1.5) How can I reinstall without losing a data? Because that correct, ı can not see my nas  after the update. 

7 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

Not sure what you mean, but the latest version of DSM that is released is supposed to be stable. 

I can´t say what the most stable version is too. The 6.1.5 is stable since updating friday. All the different 6.1.4 versions were stable too.

1 hour ago, GroupPolicy said:

I want to say, Which is the most stable and not most trouble DSM software? Does everything work properly? (For 6.1.5) How can I reinstall without losing a data? Because that correct, ı can not see my nas  after the update. 

If DSM 6.1.5 is not working for you I recommend you stay on DSM 6.1.4. Reinstalling DSM NEVER touches data, only the system partition so your data is safe. However all packages will need reinstalling. 

9 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

If DSM 6.1.5 is not working for you I recommend you stay on DSM 6.1.4. Reinstalling DSM NEVER touches data, only the system partition so your data is safe. However all packages will need reinstalling. 

DSM 6.1.5 working for me but only new installed, If I update from 6.1.4, it will not work. I can use version 6.1.5 without worrying about it. correct? Does everything work properly for 6.1.5? (For you)

12 hours ago, GroupPolicy said:

DSM 6.1.5 working for me but only new installed, If I update from 6.1.4, it will not work. I can use version 6.1.5 without worrying about it. correct? Does everything work properly for 6.1.5? (For you)

Personally I never upgrade my XPEnology box to the latest DSM version EVEN on real Synology boxes. That's just a precaution I take because updates do not necessarily equate to more stability. It has happened more than once that Synology withdraws an update because it is faulty. The only reason I would update DSM immediately after Synology releases an update is if the update is primarily a critical security patch. But hey, that is just me and how I do things. Other people do it differently.

This said DSM 6.1.5 seems fine. Don't over think it. Before doing any update check the forum Critical Update section.