XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.5 15217 Update problem

GroupPolicy

I am having the same problem. 

ESXi 6.5

DSM 6.1.4 Update 3 before the 6.1.5 update

DS3615xs

It seemed to update properly, went through all the steps. Then i waited the 10 min countdown for restart and nothing happened. I then manually rebooted the VM and got to the "detected previous installation" screen. I did a migrate and next thing i know it is undetected on lan after boot. I use both the url find.synology and the assistant desktop app. I then replaced the boot VMDK with a fresh one, and got to the migrate screen. Did the migration again and now I am back to undetected status. 

Any ideas how to recover this? Please and thank you

I created a fresh VMDK from the synoboot.img. On first boot it becomes detected in assistant. Status is recoverable and the only option is to click recover. It reboots fairly quickly at which point it stops becoming detected in assistant. I have repeated this 3 times where i upload a fresh VMDK, boot, recover, then nothing. I am now stumped since I have no options other than Recover when I connect. There is no way to upload a PAT file or anything like that. 

I would love to get this back to 6.1.4 or anything that boots really. 

image.thumb.png.fea954f7b90071e564d1cf020ec46cf0.png

46 minutes ago, Ziomalski said:

Aşağıdaki yöntemi kullanarak kurtarma başardım (yedek disk takas). Şu anda 6.1.5'deyim, ancak DSM'yi ve tüm uygulamaları yeniden yapılandırmam gerekiyor. Veriler güvende. 

Good news. I installed it again. There was a backup of the data.But I think there is a problem with version 6.1.5.

Have you swapped all of the disks? For example ı have 4 harddisk. If I encounter this problem again, should I exchange 4 diskettes?

Edited by GroupPolicy

2 hours ago, GroupPolicy said:

Have you swapped all of the disks? For example ı have 4 harddisk. If I encounter this problem again, should I exchange 4 diskettes?

the 'clean install on port 1' process allows you to 'repair' (downgrade or other issue) the system partition on the 'other' drives. Once you have repaired them you disconnect the clean disk/port 1. All drives are 'repaired' with this method so you would not need to exchange the other drives. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you look in the FAQ, Polanskiman explains how DSM is installed. It has a system partition that is in raid1 (meaning replicated on all disks connected). Therefore, when you use a clean disk and clean install, and then plug in your corrupted drives, that clean DSM will replicate across all disks. The reason for having it in port 1, is that you want the new clean DSM to boot instead of your old damaged DSM. 

Pro tip, always keep at least a DSM backup file(i'm doing this before any update now). Or better yet, plug in any old hard drive, have DSM replicate itself onto it, then disconnect that drive as the backup.