XPEnology Community

mini-ITX / micro-ITX motheboard 100% compatible with Synology sleep-mode?

Cr4z33

So far I've tried three different motherboards and although sleeping mode (aka stand-by) worked perfectly with other OS like Ubuntu, Windows 10, etc. there was no way to have it working with Synology DSM 6.x.x.

Can someone please report here a mini-ITX / micro-ITX compatible motherboard? :cry:

I suppose you are referring to the hibernation feature of DSM.

If you have packages running in the background such Surveillance Station or other packages that require constant access to your HDDs then your box will never hibernate. If you have the Master Browser enabled, your box will never hibernate. If you have services running and doing some specific operations, your box will never hibernate. In fact the hibernation feature will only work if the box is merely a file storage. More reasons on why DSM doesn't hibernate here:

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/system_hardware_hibernation

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

I suppose you are referring to the hibernation feature of DSM.

If you have packages running in the background such Surveillance Station or other packages that require constant access to your HDDs then your box will never hibernate. If you have the Master Browser enabled, your box will never hibernate. If you have services running and doing some specific operations, your box will never hibernate. In fact the hibernation feature will only work if the box is merely a file storage. More reasons on why DSM doesn't hibernate here:

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/system_hardware_hibernation

I am aware of that, but even with default OS installation and no extra packages enabled my custom built NAS does never hibernate while my previous Synology DS414 was (and the only difference was with the hardware parts and CPU).

That's why I think it's just a matter of hardware compatibility?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @hotshots

That was already visible for me. What I don't understand is what could I take from there to fix the problem with the hibernation thing.

On 11/2/2018 at 12:45 PM, hotshots said:

Enable the signatures in your profile :-)

MB: ASRock N3700 | RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM CL11 Single 4GB | CASE: Cooler Master Elite 120 ITX | HDD: 4xWD Red WD60EFRX (SHR) | Jun's Baremetal V 1.02b + DSM 6.1.5-15254 (DS3615xs)

From my perspective that is quite a small amount of information hehehe.

Anyway, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the system hibernation that my old DS214se was doing is not part of the DS918+ or 3615/3617 devices available to launch with Jun loader (accordingly to THIS). It looks like only DS213+ and DS413, what I guess includes my DS214se.

Does someone know if this is related with CPU architecture?

Does someone know if we could launch some of those images with Jun's loaders?