Hi Everyone,

I'm using DMS 6.1.4 on my case.  What filesystem do you use? Could you share your suggestions? 

I used BTRFS because it enabled some features I wanted to test.  Be aware, snapshots will take extra space, though, and if you fill up your drive with snapshots, it will be marked RO and will be a PITA to recover from.  I also have a complete backup as well, just in case.

3 minutes ago, b0fh said:

Test etmek istediğim bazı özellikleri etkinleştirdiği için BTRFS kullandım. Ancak anlık görüntüler fazladan yer kaplar ve anılarınızla sürücünüzü doldurursanız, RO işareti konur ve kurtarmak için bir PITA olur. Her ihtimale karşı, tam bir yedeklemeye de sahibim.

Sorry, What is RO and PITA?   if I have important documentation and I do not have another backup, should I use EXT4?

RO = read only - i was not able to delete snapshots to free up space.  PITA - pain in the a$$, I ended up deleting my volume and starting over from a last known good.

1 minute ago, b0fh said:

RO = read only - i was not able to delete snapshots to free up space.  PITA - pain in the a$$, I ended up deleting my volume and starting over from a last known good.

Thank you for explaining, I guess , I will continue with ext4. This is good idea?

It is ultimately up to you, but BTRFS is working out pretty well so far.

Regardless of what file system you choose you should always implement a backup strategy for any files that you do not wish to loose.

39 minutes ago, Dfds said:

Regardless of what file system you choose you should always implement a backup strategy for any files that you do not wish to loose.

You are right, I think I will synchronize my most important files with OneDrive. What is your backup strategy and file system?

2 minutes ago, GroupPolicy said:

You are right, I think I will synchronize my most important files with OneDrive. What is your backup strategy and file system?

I have 2 HP microservers & 2 genuine Synology servers that act as backup.

7 minutes ago, Dfds said:

I have 2 HP microservers & 2 genuine Synology servers that act as backup.

Which DSM version and file system do you use?

7 hours ago, IG-88 said:

Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) does need btrfs to store VM's

this mean we have to use btrfs to be able to use the virtual machine? If we are using the ext4 file system, can not we use a virtual machine?