XPEnology Community

recovering permissions from old Volumes?

raultaboraz

1 hour ago, Polanskiman said:

Would uninstalling and then re-installing the package solve your permission issue?

no :(

I would like to maintain folders of old DSM installation (corrupted) because it maintains config files. I have docker with a lot of containers, surveillance with a lot of cameras, etc...

While it seems to keep config, it doesn't work well, for example Surveillance finds cameras config but can't access to recording folders (I guess because permissions).

How could I get those?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, raultaboraz said:

can anyone help me please?

you could try connecting with winscp (enable ssh etc), that has a nice folder browser that shows the various folder permissions/owner. then you could try chmod etc commands to alter the permissions on the required folders.

you could try connecting with winscp (enable ssh etc), that has a nice folder browser that shows the various folder permissions/owner. then you could try chmod etc commands to alter the permissions on the required folders.
Thank you a lot. I already have access by winscp (you can't do it as root), the only folder I can see are homes of users... But I would like to navigate to volumes, configs, etc...

Or maybe you can tell me what is the chmod command?
Thanks