XPEnology Community

can't boot, kernel booting waiting...

raultaboraz

Hi,

My NAS was working very well for 1 year (6.01) and recently from 3 weeks ago (last reset). I did lost connection so I forced a hard reset. When I see what happens on a Monitor I can see that the systems stops on "booting kernel..." and nothing happens more about this screen.

I tried to alternate and plug or disconnect some of the 2 HDDS I have (one of them with xpenology), nothing... I thought it was corrupt boot pendrive, so I tried to make a newer one (now with 1.0b2) and nothing.

I also have booted with Ubuntu live and it can see HDDs, but obviously I need to use more tools for accesing that.

I can't boot :-(

Can you help me to know what is hapenning here?

Thanks!

whats the hardware?

if you had, 6.0 an now you try loader 1.02b (for 6.1) there might be drivers missing, 6.1 has a much smaller driver stock

after booting with the 1.02b try to find the system with the synology assistant in your lan

4 hours ago, raultaboraz said:

disconnect some of the 2 HDDS I have (one of them with xpenology),

some of the two? more like one of the two? beside this, the system (dsm) is on every disk (raid1 over all disks automatically created when disk is "initialised"), that the way dsm works

4 hours ago, raultaboraz said:

I also have booted with Ubuntu live and it can see HDDs, but obviously I need to use more tools for accesing that.

yes, there is a giude if you want to do it

if you are sure you had 6.0 you can try it with a 6.0 bootloader and  look what the synology ass intent finds, as long as you dont install anything nothing will be changed, the bootloader should show up in network and should find the local dsm system and shoe you information like migrateable (when using a 6.1 loader with a 6.0 installed system)

10 hours ago, IG-88 said:

whats the hardware?

if you had, 6.0 an now you try loader 1.02b (for 6.1) there might be drivers missing, 6.1 has a much smaller driver stock

after booting with the 1.02b try to find the system with the synology assistant in your lan

some of the two? more like one of the two? beside this, the system (dsm) is on every disk (raid1 over all disks automatically created when disk is "initialised"), that the way dsm works

yes, there is a giude if you want to do it

if you are sure you had 6.0 you can try it with a 6.0 bootloader and  look what the synology ass intent finds, as long as you dont install anything nothing will be changed, the bootloader should show up in network and should find the local dsm system and shoe you information like migrateable (when using a 6.1 loader with a 6.0 installed system)

thanks for your help!

The hardware is standard old PC GA-EP35-DS4 which was working pretty well...

but How can we sure that is the boot USB which is corrupted? I would like to know what happened here...

Thanks a lot