XPEnology Community

I can't see DSM after online update

tattico83

Hi everyone, stupidly I have updated DSM with online update and when I have rebooted I can't see it in my LAN.

I have an ASRock N3150B-ITX with 2 hdd as JBOD (number 1 is a 3tb wd green 3,5" and number 2 is a 1tb 2.5" hdd).

If I disconnect the number 1 hdd it boot as a new DSM and I see it in find.synology.com.

If I disconnect the number 2 hdd it boot as the two hdd attached so I can't see it in find.synology.com.

In linux live I see the array without problem, so where's the problem? Can I delete the sytem partition? If I can, how can I see it in Linux?

Thank you everyone in advance and excuse me for my poor english :10_wink:

3 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

You could try this:

Thank you, this evening I'll try this method. 

I do not know if it can still serve but I have see that I had DS 3615xs DSM VERSION 6.1.3 15152 installed before and now I have DS 3615xs DSM VERSION 6.1.3 15217. 

On 29/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, Polanskiman said:

You could try this:

I can't try this method because my motherboard has only 2sata. But I can access ssh, how can I format system partition? 

Now the dsm works with the 1tb sata but if I connect the other hdd it can't be recognized and if I reboot dsm become undiscoverable. 

On 29/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, Polanskiman said:

You could try this:

Finally I have solved the problem, I write it here to help those who can have the same problem in the future.

First I have format one of two system partition system partition but nothing has changed, then Ihave format all system partition and make ext4 (isn't necessary DSM will do it for you).

At this point I'm able to install DSM without lose my files but installation stuck at 56-57% with error 21 or 23 i don't remember.

So I formatted all two my drives and reinstalled all from new but as I am extremely unlucky nothig as changed and installation stuck at the same point as before.

At this point only one thing remaining....the usb boot. So I have recreated it with new serial and finally the installation was successful. Maybe it was fine even without changing the serial but

I didn't want to find out.

Thank you @Polanskiman for your help.