XPEnology Community

No dsm after fresh install on syno assistant

k3rmitou

9 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

Seems to me like a problem with the tg3 module on DSM 6.1

why? if the *.pat file downloaded and the loader starts to extract it the network was working as expected, maybe problems with the storage driver, the tg3 is often used for hp and dell systems (broadcom nic), never heard of problems so far

@k3rmitou

check if there is any bios update for that old (g5) system and just in case try a smaller max 1tb disk (in the hp specs there is 1tb max.)

7 hours ago, IG-88 said:

why? if the *.pat file downloaded and the loader starts to extract it the network was working as expected, maybe problems with the storage driver, the tg3 is often used for hp and dell systems (broadcom nic), never heard of problems so far

You are correct. I overlooked the logic! Still the boot logs would give us a more clear insight of what is happening. BTW he is already using a 128 go ssd crucial or a 500Go hdd for testing so I don't think it is a problem with the drive exceeding the HP max size specs. BIOS update is always a good thing.

1 minute ago, k3rmitou said:

hi guys 

@IG-88, @Polanskiman bios is update to the latest and nic too.

As i said before, i don't understand why the dsm system is not install on hdd like the 5.2.5967.

And as I said before without logs it is going to be difficult for us to tell. The problem could come from some storage driver or anything else.

You need a serial to usb adaptor.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=serial+to+usb

The serial port plugs into your XPEnology box, the usb port to your computer/laptop. Then you need a terminal running on your computer/laptop to see the boot logs when your XPEnology boots up. Make sure the serial port is enabled in your bios first. Your terminal should also be configured to 115200 bits per second.