XPEnology Community

No dsm after fresh install on syno assistant

k3rmitou

Hi everybody

sorry for my english :lol:

as requested by IG-88 i m posting my problem with jun's loader 1.02b and the extra lzma 4.5

my hardware for my nas is a proliant ML150 g5 with a hp NC105i gigabit ethernet (its a tg3.ko module).

Follow the tutorial with vid/pid, sn and mac on usb drive 

1 - boot the usb drive launch syno assistant my nas is recognize and install the 15217 pat file on drive (crucial ssd 128 Go for testing)

2 - reboot automatically and then no dsm in syno assistant !!?!!??

3- recreate the usb drive but same thing 

By the way dsm 5.2.5967 is a flawless installation with no problems

Please any idea ???

Hi nemesis122 

here is my mac adress in the loader

set vid=0x13fe
set pid=0x4200
set sn=1230LWN007222
set mac1=001E0BFC1D77
set rootdev=/dev/md0
set netif_num=1
set extra_args_3615=''

My config

intel 5100 chipset

xeon 5410 x2 2.33ghz

4go ddr2 ecc

nc105i network chipset (tg3 module when recognized by the "lspci -k | grep 'Kernel driver' command under ubuntu

128 go ssd crucial for testing or 500Go hdd 

2 hours ago, k3rmitou said:

sorry but got no other nic to test

why i can do a fresh install and after the reboot i can't see my dsm at all ???

I think that there are driver/module updates that happen during the install of DSM, so its possible that the 'original' driver for your nic is being 'overwritten' by one that doesn't work properly.

the best way to check for errors would be to connect a serial port and use Putty/terminal to watch the full boot process, you will be able to see any driver errors/panics 

hi,

you can boot a live/recovery linux from dvd or usb after the dsm install / first boot and check if the files from the extra.lzma are in place

you can also check the log if there is something about your nic driver (if the thing really is starting after the install of dsm)

log: /var/log/dmesg

new drivers from extra.lzma: /usr/lib/modules/update/

hi 

i ve followed the tuto to access the syno partition but got no log or the extralzma.

got 4 folders @autouptade, etc, synoUpgrePackages and var

in var, blank folder no files

and got cheksum.syno, SynoUpgrade.tar, SynoUpgradeIndexdb.txz and SynoUpgradeSynohdpacklmg.txz that's all i have 

that does not look like dsm was propperly installed, if you have the *.pat file downloaded also download the md5 checksum file and check that your dsm file matches

btw. in /usr/lib/modules/update/ you would find the *.ko files (linux kernel driver modules)

the extra.lzma contain this *.ko files in /usr/lib/modules/ (you can open/unpack the extra.lzma with 7zip)

but you problem is another, the install process of dsm itself did not run propperly, so check that your pat file is ok

pat file and md5 file can be downloaded here:

https://usdl.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.1.4/15217/

Edited by IG-88

hi all

download the .pat file but nothing happen still the same.

try jusr before posting a new install with loader 1.02b+extralzma and 15047.pat file.

Install complete, reboot and nothing in syno assistant.

Remount the system partition in ubuntu but nothin in var folder and no usr folder