XPEnology Community

DS412+ USB flash module pinout

wool

On 2/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, DSfuchs said:

Happy Modding, my DS412+ is now prepared as RS814+ for DSM 8

Thanks for your pinout!

So you are running DSM 7 on your DS412+ flashed as RS814+? Any issues with it? Would you mind sharing the flash file (remove your serial number or change to something else). Thank you.

7 hours ago, ptodic said:

So you are running DSM 7 on your DS412+ flashed as RS814+? Any issues with it? Would you mind sharing the flash file (remove your serial number or change to something else). Thank you.

I also wonder how this works ?

And would be great to upgrade my ds1512+ to an ds1513+ since this one supports the DX510/DX513.
The RS814+ won't support the DX510/513 at all..

Would be great if that would be possible ??

And what are the options I wonder for the DS1511+ , without going the xpenology route.. ?

Edited by FlorisVN

On 2/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, DSfuchs said:

Happy Modding, my DS412+ is now prepared as RS814+ for DSM 8

Thanks for your pinout!

Seems not I guess, release notes for DSM 7.1 :

For the following models, DSM 7.1 will be the last upgradable version.

XS Series: RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+, RS3614xs+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2015xs
    Plus Series: DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, RS2414RP+, RS2414+, RS814RP+, RS814+, DS214+, RS815RP+, RS815+, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS415+, DS215+
    Value Series: RS814, RS214, DS414, DS214, DS214play, DS114, RS815, DS1515,DS715, DS415play, DS115
    J Series: DS213j, DS414slim, DS414j, DS214se, DS215j, DS115j, DS416se

• 4 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 3:27 AM, mc4ren said:

So clearly there is a short circuit, but my skills are not good enough to find it.

IMG_20200904_192239.jpg

IMG_20200904_192230.jpg

Could be that one or more Mosfets (U33 & U34) is burned too.

Dont give up 👍

Check your PSU with another load instead of the PCB. Maybe the PSU is defect too. It will just damage more without that you notice it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, only 4 files, source according to the screenshot, have to be replaced on the 2nd partition.
However, you must already have the device-specific file "vender" for the RS814+ in vender_format_version=2. You can watch it on your own DSx16+, for example, and you're done.

Good succeed!

files to exchange on partition 2.JPG

25 minutes ago, TN-Notebooks said:

You are are talking about DSM 7  

Does anyone know how to extract the PAT  Files ?

With 7 Zip it is not possible any more - also not if its renamed.

Just do it exactly like the screenshot in No 35.  If you try anything else, it will fail.

This is the way.

1 hour ago, chickey said:

Sorry to drag up an old thread but do you have an image of the RS814+ with serial removed as just gotten a DS412+

No problem, please see #35, the topic is never than ever.

You MUST already have the device-specific file "vender" for the RS814+ in vender_format_version=2. You can watch it on your own DSx16+, for example!

2 minutes ago, DSfuchs said:

No problem, please see #35, the topic is never than ever.

You MUST already have the device-specific file "vender" for the RS814+ in vender_format_version=2. You can watch it on your own DSx16+, for example!

Hi, it was more where to source the vender specific file for the RS814+.  I've managed to get it working by manually amending the files and doing a manual installation of the .pat for the RS814+  it was a bit broken since filestation and some other packages were failed and wouldn't repair so i did a reset and then used a slightly newer DSM 7.1 pat file for the RS814+ and it's now working ok.  Shame there isn't a repository of the USB boot images with the serial number removed.  I also bought a DS716+ as faulty and i think it's the USB DOM image causing the problem with it.

37 minutes ago, DSfuchs said:

Just do it exactly like the screenshot in No 35.  If you try anything else, it will fail.

This is the way.

Misunderstood

How to extract the PART File to get all the Data - just download the PAT File and extract is what i need -  for best on a Windows  System 

-- in Post 35 it is extracted already.

DS716+ great! So we can do two mosquitoes with one stone. We can easily fix the 716+ and at the same time we get a vender in version 2.
Just sell me, reversal possible, your defective module/NAS or a photo of the device sticker and proof of purchase as a private message.

Your experiment will not work because you cannot install/unlock business packages.

2 minutes ago, TN-Notebooks said:

Falsch verstanden

So extrahieren Sie die PART-Datei, um alle Daten zu erhalten - laden Sie einfach die PAT-Datei herunter und extrahieren Sie, was ich brauche - am besten auf einem Windows-System 

-- in Post 35 ist es bereits extrahiert.

No, in #35 it is only open with 7zip!

Rename it to the suffix ".tar" and it can also be done directly in a "Midnight Commander" session via the SSH method.

59 minutes ago, DSfuchs said:

DS716+ great! So we can do two mosquitoes with one stone. We can easily fix the 716+ and at the same time we get a vender in version 2.
Just sell me, reversal possible, your defective module/NAS or a photo of the device sticker and proof of purchase as a private message.

Your experiment will not work because you cannot install/unlock business packages.

You've totally lost me there, no idea what your going on about.  For the last part i'm not trying to unlock business packages just to get it to see the hard disks.

11 minutes ago, chickey said:

You've totally lost me there, no idea what your going on about.  For the last part i'm not trying to unlock business packages just to get it to see the hard disks.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought the problem was a defective DS716+